Blue Ray . Picture only Pana or Sony?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Wee bit confused! Pana bd35 was given the best blue ray dvd player under £300 beating the Sony bds350. Claire Newsome gave someone the advice to choose the Sony bds550 over the Pana bd35, saying it was the 'next step up'. Doesn't the S350 and the s550 share the same video processing electronics. Please please please, on picture performance only for blue ray, which is the best buy regardless of price, the Pana bd35 or the Sony S550?

m.j

Dec 5, 2008
Visit site
well i have seen both and the pana is better !
the pana bd35 has the same video processing as the bd55 , which won product of the year!
the sony is good ,just not quite as good.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your reply mate. Pana bd35 looking good, I Love Christmas!!!

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Still wondering why sound doesn't matter, though!
emotion-5.gif

deanjono22

Dec 10, 2004
Visit site
Im with you on this Clare because im thinking about matchhing the Sony BDP-S550 to my Old Yamaha AV amp via multi channel inputs to deliver Full True Hd and DTS-Mst Audio. Am I right in thinking this? Also would you recomend Onkyo or Yamaha AV amp when i upgrade to HDMI connetivity ?

A

Anonymous

I have a Yamaha RXV - 1800 which replaced my oldÿ Arcam AVR100, and the step up in sound was awesome, blew my socks off! So, Clare you do have a point, but as I'm happy with current sound from my denon dvd1930 via Supra Trico then I'm more intersted in picture quality. [Edited by mods]

A

Anonymous

Trefor, i could think of something else beginning with a 'P'
emotion-16.gif

A

Anonymous

Trefor Patten:Am I being a pendant when I say it's blu-ray, not blue ray
emotion-12.gif

Not as big of a pedant as I'm being when I say it's Blu-ray not blu-ray.

I would suggest that there's no significant difference between the Panny and Sony in the video processing departments and indeed every test I've read concludes that the Sony is better at handling and upscaling SD material.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts