Blue Ray Judder

landzw

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
I own a samsung 550 LCD and sony 360 blu ray

Is there anyway to stop blue ray films from juddering , i never noticed it at first but once i noticed one lot you get to see more and more no matter what film , it drives my to a point of wanting to throw the blu ray player out the window .

Just for the record i have checked on a friends system using his PS3 on an oldish but good sony LCD and the judder is still there , which he never noticed until i pointed out

JamesOK

May 24, 2008
Visit site
landzw:
I own a samsung 550 LCD and sony 360 blu ray

Is there anyway to stop blue ray films from juddering , i never noticed it at first but once i noticed one lot you get to see more and more no matter what film , it drives my to a point of wanting to throw the blu ray player out the window .

Just for the record i have checked on a friends system using his PS3 on an oldish but good sony LCD and the judder is still there , which he never noticed until i pointed out

I am by no means an expert in this field, but isnt the judder down to the TV not being able to refresh the screen quick enough?

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Ive played some blurays at 'frame' level at some judder points and ive found the discs are at fault. Its the discs themselves displaying an obvious 'jump' to the next frame

A

Anonymous

I had the same problem and changed the hdmi cable i was using and got the chord silver plus hdmi cable. the judder was gone and the picture was noticably better.

digigriffin

Sep 25, 2008
Visit site
I had a HD Ready 720p Plasma and the judder drove me mad.
I looked into the whole issue of telecine judder and framepull down etc.

So it seems that if your TV cannot do 24p then you may be prone to seeing telecine judder as the frames are adjusted to suit your display.

However even with 24p some judder may be inherent in the original film as 24 frames a seconds is so slow.
Film directors are aware of this and avoid shooting scenes that will show judder whenever possible
But sometimes to get the shot they want they have to sacrifice a small judder.

I changed to a Full HD 1080p 24p Plasma and now no judder to be seen.

ear

Aug 24, 2008
Visit site
THESTIG08:I had the same problem and changed the hdmi cable i was using and got the chord silver plus hdmi cable. the judder was gone and the picture was noticably better.

this is interesting....I'd like some more opinions on hdmi cables used.Yes B ray has great definition but I really like to see filme not just a sequency of pictures.

landzw

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
I will give it a try , i have chord silver + but currently using that cable HDMI ( the great debate ) but i'm also using a splitter box and an adaptor to get the cable to the TV as its on a slim line wall bracket , so i will see what happens when i connect directly with the one cable

A

Anonymous

i was using a cheap qed cable before i changed so give it a go, let me know if you notice any change

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts