Blue ray and THX optimiser

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all

Just set up my shiney new plasma, and I am delighted. I now want to set the Tv up correctly using the THX optimiser tool as advised by all at WHS&V.

I have seen that it is included on quite a lot of DVd's, but was wondering if anyone knows of any blu ray discs that have the optimser tool included on them?

Many thanks

Leahandanna

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
The only one I know of is the US version of Terminator 2 (which is region free). I have it and it has it on. I can confirm to you though, it is absolutely the same as the DVD version I have. So I wouldn't be too bothered about picking it up on Blu-Ray.

A

Anonymous

There are plenty of other freeware tools for doing this, many of them more useful than the basic THX ones. Having said that, such calibration patterns are a reasonable place to start and every Sony Blu-ray Disc includes a hidden set of test patterns. At the main menu, press 7669 (SONY) on your remote and hit enter for the patterns.

A

Anonymous

Casca:Wall-E has the Disney version of this on it.

hi i used the optimiser on wall-e and to be honest i didnt really like it as for example: setting the brightness i ended up having set up on 67% which is way to high, i kinda also found it quite difficult to use to get the settings.

i have a samsung 32" r87 lcd with a sony ps3 connected via a hdmi cable

can any 1 suggest the best calibration for this pls as im finding it very difficult to calibrate it on blue ray, as the brightness, contrast, picture is fare superior to dvd

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts