Blu Tac?

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
Hello all,

Just a quick question. Have read / heard that some people place little blobs of Blu tac between speaker and stand.

What does this do? Also how much do you use?

Thankyou.

A

Anonymous

It stops them getting knocked off, first and foremost. It may also help prevent any resonation between the speaker and the stand.

I would just use a blob under each corner of the speaker.

up the music

Mar 13, 2008
Visit site
I do same as above description. I used to have a 6 ft tall shelving system held together with blutac. Once compressed it really does form a strong bond.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Blu-Tac is excellent for attaching speakers to stands.

Despite being squidgy when formed into shape in your fingers, it is hard enough in place to allow vibration to pass through to the support where it can be dealt with by support damping (sand etc) and spikes.

It also prevents accidental dislodging of the speakers.

It has a small degree of non-Newtonian property as a material. (Like Birds custard powder mixed with a little milk or silly putty.) Soft to form and spread but hard to impact/vibration.

Despite being very soft stuff it is very secure. (Make sure to twist speakers off stands when fixed on with Blu-Tac. Pulling them off can rip veneer off if not careful!)

[Edit] Despite the above, do NOT attach speakers with custard powder. It would be a trifle messy!

A

Anonymous

chebby:
[Edit] Despite the above, do NOT attach speakers with custard powder. It would be a trifle messy!

Or a messy trifle!
emotion-2.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts