admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Anyone like to suggest the cheapest place for Blu-ray disks.
Amazon or Play..... Or is there another internet shop, i don't know about?
Answers please..........
I know the two above mentioned sites have some for less than a tenner and some disk's are buy2 for 3, just wondered if there are any other 'shops', that most, but i, don't know about?

A

Anonymous

Play is not bad, I have got some great deals of ebay though.

malg

Feb 24, 2009
Visit site
I've been to Blockbusters recently, and they are doing 2 for £25, which I believe is cheaper than HMV. However, they are also doing pre-owned at very knock down prices. I'm not a snob, so I don't actually care if someone has owned it previously. My only concern is that the big studios seem to be knocking out some real dodgy blu-rays. I recently watched Predator on blu-ray, and to be honest with the upscaling ability of BD players, I am not convinced that the blu-ray is worth the extra. I have also watched The Day After Tomorrow and Edward Scissorhands, with the same results. I think newer releases benefit greatly from BD, but I'm certainly not convinced by the re-issue of some old films (recently saw Clockwork Orange on sale in blu-ray, and can't for the life of me see who will buy it). It is almost like the situation when CDs first came out, and the record companies started to send out the back catalogues of the bigger artists, the quality was shocking. From what I have seen so far, I will not be buying any of my old DVDs on blu-ray.

ElectroMan

Nov 20, 2008
Visit site
malg:
(recently saw Clockwork Orange on sale in blu-ray, and can't for the life of me see who will buy it).

I did!

There's no reason why older films shouldn't look great on Blu-ray, as film is higher resolution than HD video - provided the studios use a good-quality negative or print, and clean/restore it if necessary.

I agree that some studios don't seem to be taking much care, but it's not just with older films, and some 'old' films such as Dr No look brilliant on Blu-ray!

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
ElectroMan:malg:
(recently saw Clockwork Orange on sale in blu-ray, and can't for the life of me see who will buy it).

I did!

There's no reason why older films shouldn't look great on Blu-ray, as film is higher resolution than HD video - provided the studios use a good-quality negative or print, and clean/restore it if necessary.

I agree that some studios don't seem to be taking much care, but it's not just with older films, and some 'old' films such as Dr No look brilliant on Blu-ray!

I agree. For instance, I just read a review of the Blu-ray version of Kramer vs Kramer and it's supposedly superb/perfect picture quality.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts