Blu ray player true hd decoding?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have just bought a new Panasonic Blu-ray and it has built in True HD decoding. But I have a denon 1907 amp.  Problem being, the blu-ray is saying it is playing True HD but the amp is still showing 5 channel stereo as the output.  Do I believe the blu-ray or the amp?  I have it connected to the amp via a coax because all my opticals are taken up.  My old dvd player was connected via the coax but still displayed dolby digital as the output. 

Can anybody help me? 

daveh75

You cant send HD audio over optical or digital co-ax,they dont have the bandwidth. As your amp doesn't have HDMI connection you need to use multichannel analogue if your BD player has them

A

Anonymous

Is there any way I can get HD audio with this amp then?

Sorry to sound like a dunce, but what is multi channel audio?ÿ

A

Anonymous

Only way to do it is via 7.1 analogue outs on BD player, to 7.1 analogue ins on amp. You will need 8 analogue cables between BD player and amp. Then run video via HDMI directly between BD and TV. You will have to set up bass management in the BD player. Sorry, don't know the Denon 1907, so I assume it's got 7.1 analogue inputs, and that the Panny has got 7.1 outputs.

A

Anonymous

devo18uk:It's the BD50

You say you 'just' bought this 'new'? This is the 1st generation blu-ray player from Panasonic. The BD35 & BD55 were 2nd generation and we now have the 3rd generation, i.e., BD60 & BD80. Was this new or used from E-Bay?

If it is indeed new, I'm just surprised you can still get it.

A

Anonymous

Sorry, bought it from ebay for £190, quite happy with my purchase I might add, think that it's a good price.

A

Anonymous

Hi, I see from the latest mag you cant afford to upgrade your denon 1907, I have an unused 1908 with hdmi although not up to true hd surround due to its age, but only a year old, you can have for a song if interested....say 100 notes (excuse pun) with ipod dock and remote. kencutten@yahoo.co.uk

TRENDING THREADS