Blu-ray player for my new system (or not)?

morty5

Nov 23, 2007
Visit site
Hi folks.

I have just purchased a denon avr-1910 reciever and matched it with the kef KHT3005SE-K2 speaker package.(£699 seemed a good price ?.....comments please.)

I currently have a PS3 60gb blu-ray player but was considering getting one of the 2 sony players (BDP-S360 or BDP-S760). Would the 360 be a step up in quality over the ps3 or is it worth saving for the higher spec 760, or would this be overkill for my system?

On a sidenote, the speaker package included a cable bundle which consists of 30mtr Chord Campana speaker cable, Free 3mtr Chord sub cable plus one free 1mtr Chord Supersheild HDMI cable. I have enough spare lengths of QED silver annivesary bi wire cable left over from my stereo system. Could I split that cable from 4 wires into 2 to feed the front & centre speakers, or should I stick with the Chord Campana speaker cable?

Many thanks in advance

A

Anonymous

Great price for the 3005SE K2 - I was temped by that offer because the cables alone are worth £200!!

I have the S360 Blu Ray player and think for the price its worth the upgrade. I did not notice that much of an improvement in the picture quality however the sound is where the main benifit lies. You will be able to bitstream HD audio formats direct to your Denon Receiver instead of the PS3 doing the decoding.. which sounded better in my opinion.

Cant comment on the 760 but for around £100 you cant go wrong with the S360. Plus its nice to have seperates
emotion-2.gif

Depends on what TV you have got really as to whether the 760 would be overkill...

morty5

Nov 23, 2007
Visit site
Thanks for the comment KCooperman. The television is a Toshiba 40XF355D. Everything you said was along the lines of what I was thinking, & for around £100 it seems like a steel.

A

Anonymous

If you can get it with the 3 films like I did its a even greater bargain.. I think Amazon are doing it with Slumdog Millionaire, Terminator Salvation, and Angels and Demons for £99.99 (so I hear on another post) - Thats over £40 worth off blu rays free!! All great films to show off your system too. I paid £135 a couple of weeks back from Play.com for the same offer.

Cofnchtr

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

I would try both cables first and see if there's one sound that you prefer. You could possibly sell whichever one you don't use (depending on length) on an auction site. One man's rubbish etc...

Cheers,

Cofnchtr.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts