Blu Ray Player Advice Please!!!!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi guys, I currently own a Sony BDP 120 and PS3 which I use to watch my movies. I am looking to purchase a new Blu Ray player in the next couple of weeks. I already own a Pioneer DVD 525 which has an awesome picture still when playing and upscaling my DVDs, so I would quite like to purchase a Pioneer Blu Ray player as I have never had any problems with there electronics.

I was considering the Pioneer BDP 320 which you can but now for roughly £270. But when entering a local Hi Fi store, I found what seems like a bargain. It is the Pioneer LX 71 reduced from £600 to £239. I know it is quitean old player now, but the build quality seems excellent and the reviews were decent. My question is which would be better value and offer the better picture and sound. The older more expensive model or the newer cheapre model????

Thanks for helping, Paul.

Wait for gel to come...........he's definitely going to recommend the LX71!

If you're not worried about the relatively slower loading time of the LX71 & the fact that it's 'only' profile 1.1, the LX71 will give you a superior performance than the Pioneer 320.

Profile 2 players (like the Pioneer 320) allow you to access the bonus features of the blu-ray disc online which the LX71 is unable to.

A

Anonymous

marsonNUFC:
Hi guys, I currently own a Sony BDP 120 and PS3 which I use to watch my movies.

Sony BDP-120????
emotion-42.gif

A

Anonymous

marsonNUFC:
But when entering a local Hi Fi store, I found what seems like a bargain. It is the Pioneer LX 71 reduced from £600 to £239. I know it is quitean old player now, but the build quality seems excellent and the reviews were decent. My question is which would be better value and offer the better picture and sound. The older more expensive model or the newer cheapre model????

Thanks for helping, Paul.

For £239.00, it is a good buy! Looks very good too. with soft touch buttons.

dangalf

Nov 14, 2007
Visit site
Hi MarsonNUFC,

I have the BDP320 and am very happy with its performance. I bought it in the first week it was released and paid £350 but still feel I got my money's worth.

I don't own a PS3 but I'm led to believe that you should see a marked improvement over the PS3 with either of these players

TRENDING THREADS