Blu Ray Picture issues

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Can anyone offer any advice? I've got a Panasonic TX-32LZD85 with a Pana BD35. Before I start, I think generally it's great - lovely detailed picture, brilliant sound even through the TV. All in all well worth the money. However, I have noticed a niggle, which I can't get rid of no matter what settings I chose. It's been most noticeable when watching Band of Brothers. It seems to happen (or is more noticeable) when there's any high contrast scenes, with fastish movement (eg. A soldier against a light background), I can see what I can only descibe as artifacts around the moving object. I don't know the best way to describe this, as I've not seen anything like this before on DVD or video - it looks like a local ghosting or pixellation (I wouldn't say it looks like noise). I'm sure someone out there will understand what I'm seeing, but has anyone got any tricks to reduce this? I've tried the 3d-NR option on the TV, tried changing the BD scan to film, turning 24p off etc etc but nothing seems to help.

I've ordered a new Van Den Hul flat HDMI cable, but having seen some of the threads on here, perhaps that's just throwing money away (currently using a Belkin cable bought from Comet).

Any ideas? It's not a big issue, but it is noticeable and not something I've ever experienced with a DVD.

A

Anonymous

This sounds like the 24p Real Cinema feature doing its worse. Have you switched it off and ensured the Blu-ray player is set to output 1080/24p?

A

Anonymous

Yep - It was set to 24p on at the TV, and the BD player is also set to 24p on. I tried turning it off on the TV last night (so it would still have been on on the BD), but it didn't seem to make a difference. Also tried turning it off at the BD, but it was still the same. The BD is also set to auto for the output resolution, but when I play a BD disc it shows up as 1080p/24p. Perhaps I'll try setting it to 1080p

It sounds like you are suggesting it should be off on the TV and on on the BD - Is that right?

A

Anonymous

Off at the tv and on at the Bl-ray would normally give you the best picture quality.

A

Anonymous

I had a similar problem with my Sharp LCD. It was particularly bad on white on black titles (like LOST) with a slow lateral movement, or where a character moves from light into dark.
I cured it by removing all processing on the TV and got it to accept the raw 1080p image from the player. Luckily the Sharp allows me to set preferences for each individual input (I don't know if the Panny allows this) so I can add some processing to broadcast pix if required without screwing up my disc-sourced imagery.

A

Anonymous

I also had the same problem with my same Panasonic 32" LZD-85 and my PS3. I was getting pixels appearing round peoples heads on the screen when there were close ups and fast movement on blue rays. I left the settings on the PS3 the same and turned off 24P on the TV Settings and thats seems to have sorted it for now.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts