Blu Ray DVD Vs Dedicated CD player

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

I am currently using my Panasonic BD35 DVD player as my CD player and to be fair it sounds quite good. I am wondering that if by changing to a dedeicated CD player I would notice a improvement in sound quality, if so can anyone anyone recommend a CD player that would be better but without breaking the bank.

Many Thank

The Dodge

T

the record spot

Been reading good things from another mag's reviewer who says by hooking up to the right output configuration in yer suitably equipped AV amp, this can turn high end audio into a bit of a reality without going down the DAC route. Early days and it sounds like a fiddly job to this unskilled-in-all-things-AV bod, but it might be worth looking at what audio formats your amp can handle (if it has a means of doing DSD, you could also be on a bit of a winner).

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
The Dodge:
Hi

I am currently using my Panasonic BD35 DVD player as my CD player and to be fair it sounds quite good. I am wondering that if by changing to a dedeicated CD player I would notice a improvement in sound quality, if so can anyone anyone recommend a CD player that would be better but without breaking the bank.

Many Thank

The Dodge

Alternatively you could try the Marantz CD6002 (£270) or the NAD C545BEE (£350) that's tested in the March 09 issue, out this week. Both would be better for CD replay than your Pana BD35.

If they're too pricey, check out the Cambridge Audio Azur 340C at £150 or NAD C515BEE at £165.

A

Anonymous

Got the same bd recenetly and have asked the same questions. Depends what the strengths of your amp are and to what extent you can live with the inevitable compromnise on stereo music which surrounds require.

Dac magic is a way to go I've been told ,as is a dedicated cd player- but there's only so much kit you can get on your av rack!!

But if you really want stereo go independent and all the way with stereo amp+ deidicated cd player . It all then depends on budget.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts