Blown Away

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
Whilst in my local dealers this evening picking up a Rega Turntable Wall bracket I was fortunate to listen to the following:-

1. PMC EB1's

2. Bryston Pre Amp BP26

3. Bryston power Supply

4. Bryston 6B SSTC power amp

Cold system (just switched on) phenominal detail and staging percussion sounded amazing, live performance in the room big thumbs up. Well out of my budget at the moment (and room size). But a beautiful combination

A

Anonymous

I can imagine.

And the price of that lot was ......? (or daren't you ask?)

Andy H

Nov 14, 2007
Visit site
WOW.

Can you imagine the electricity bill though. After reading you post I did a bit of research and the power amp alone uses over 1kw at full tilt.

A

Anonymous

I found the Bryston stuff to be an excellent technical exercise in separation and detail etc etc ..... but unfortunately rather soul-less and unemotional - so whilst very impressive on an initial listen, after a bit more time it didn't hold my attention.

"horses for courses" and all that!

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
Must admit it was only about a ten minute listen, not a serious demo. Didn't want to stay any longer in case I liked it too much, would have to move to a larger house and re mortgage

A

Anonymous

hehehe there are quite a lot systems at that price level that would blow you or anyone else away for that matter
emotion-5.gif

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
SlickenSmooth:hehehe there are quite a lot systems at that price level that would blow you or anyone else away for that matter
emotion-5.gif

Damn dealers........having stuff like that in their demo rooms.......for poor unsuspecting people to listen to. Saving starts today only £15,999 to go.......

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts