BLOK AV Furniture

Status
Not open for further replies.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi guys,

Do any of you own a piece of BLOK AV furniture ?

What are your experiences using the company - straight forward purchase or custom build ?

Thanks

A

Anonymous

duaplex said:
Good, but pricey. I would give Chunky Monkey or Stump a call they can build it for half the price.

I can build one for a fraction of the price but it ain't going to look good :rofl:

I havent heard of either of those names - but I'll do some digging - thanks.

BTW, do you have furniture by either of these two ?

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
I have furniture by stump, check the link to my av kit in my sig. I think duaplex recently asked both for a quote. Both have excellent threads on avforums and stump's website is worth looking at.

duaplex

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Hey Ben,

Yes in the end I went with chunky monkey! They are building me a unit that resembles the salamander corsica triple, will be costing me £645 as I want it in Oak. but that is nothing in comparison to paying £1700. I went with the good advice given last time ;)

Also think about it this way @OP you are getting a better quality wood, designed to your spec. have a look at the whathifi reviews, the Podium is a top rack for AV and Hifi, no conincidence that these are made of solid oak.

Just food for thought :)

duaplex

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I certainly will! Should be a beauty when it gets to me. Should be sometime after christmas as they are busy, a credit to them really.

A

Anonymous

Found the "Stump" thread on AV forums - there's a lot of people singing their praises. The photos look very good as well.

Certainly nothing lost by sending emails out with a drawing of what I'm after

Thanks for your assistance / suggestions

6th.replicant

Oct 26, 2007
Visit site
I own a Blok 5-shelf hi-fi stand.

Blok's in-house customer service was A1, but the courier was epically inept - consequently fired/replaced, AFAIK.

The unit looks great - the oak/green glass combo looks cool/unobtrusive, IMHO - the wood-veneer is real tree, the glass is high-quality and, when assembled, it feels very solid/bombproof - and it's chuffing heavy.

But... be aware that assembly is definitely a 2-person job and alinging all the shelves and wooden blocks is very fiddly and very time-consuming. And feeding the treaded securing bolts through the pre-drilled holes is a major PITA.

Oh, and keep/store all of the packaging - if you move home or eBay the unit you'll need to dismantle because, as mentioned, it's chuffing heavy and cumbersome when assembled.

A

Anonymous

6th.replicant said:
I own a Blok 5-shelf hi-fi stand.

The build quality, looks and customer service is what I'm seeking - the fiddley self assembly I can well do without.

Thanks for your response 6th.replicant, its all good food for thought

duaplex

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Customer service by Blok is second to none, Simon is the man there and he knows his stuff and responds straight away to you. Build quality can be seen in thier showroom, I suggest you take a trip and have a look.

A

Anonymous

duaplex said:
I suggest you take a trip and have a look.

A sound idea, however, Manchester to Essex is a little too far even for me (but you didnt know I was from Manchester when you suggested it)

gosalh

May 27, 2010
Visit site
@TheCaptain. Blok products are very good quality and well made in my opinion, and good customer service!

Around this time last year I purchased the STAX 500 in gloss black and it's been great!! To re-iterate the quality of the product and the packaging is first class!!

duaplex

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
TheCaptain - If you are intent on buying the trip is worth it, but for a general look probably not. I went all the way to Nottingham and purchased my entire system and I live in London. The drive is not so bad you could do it in 3 hours by car or by train its even faster.

Honestly do it! Yeah didnt know you was from Manchester haha :)

A

Anonymous

gosalh said:
@TheCaptain. Blok products are very good quality and well made in my opinion, and good customer service!

Around this time last year I purchased the STAX 500 in gloss black and it's been great!! To re-iterate the quality of the product and the packaging is first class!!

Quality is what I'm after - thanks for the update

A

Anonymous

duaplex said:
TheCaptain - If you are intent on buying the trip is worth it, but for a general look probably not. I went all the way to Nottingham and purchased my entire system and I live in London. The drive is not so bad you could do it in 3 hours by car or by train its even faster.

Honestly do it! Yeah didnt know you was from Manchester haha :)

It is difficult to assess a product without seeing it - and I don't want to go all that way to see it unless I know I want to buy it.

Catch 22

I need a cabinet and I want the best that I can afford (just as I will when it comes to buying the hardware)

Time for more serious thinking, I think

A

Anonymous

BenLaw said:
Blok is stocked in a few places. Might be worth giving Bigav in Huddersfield a call to see what they have on display to look at. http://www.big-av.co.uk/

They certainly have BLOK products listed on their website and Huddersfield is a more reasonable drive from Manchester than Essex.

Thanks for the heads up

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
There's also gobuydirect in Huddersfield but their site says their new store room is opening soon, so probably nothing to see at the moment. But it's not a bad drive if bigav has something.

A

Anonymous

BenLaw said:
There's also gobuydirect in Huddersfield but their site says their new store room is opening soon, so probably nothing to see at the moment. But it's not a bad drive if bigav has something.

WOW, Huddersfield appears to be the AV stand capital of the UK 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts