BK XLS200 sub

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
Never read a bad report in any forum site about this sub......

If you give up on your KEF, I'd go for this sub, no doubt about it......
emotion-2.gif

Timbot

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
A very interesting sub...

I'm trying to save up for (persuade my wife that we can't live without) this sub. Never had a sub before but this is what I've plumped for.

Only thing is that nobody else seems to own one to comment on it first hand but everyone says how good it's meant to be. Bizarre!

Splash

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I spent a good few weeks researching the subject and I couldn’t find a bad review on the XLS200. I finally bought one after much deliberation (also had to convince the wife!) and I can truly say that it is a quality product. I don't think you will find a better sub for the same price.

I previously owned a cheapy boom-box-one-note sub with a 12" driver - the XLS200 is in a different league. Bass is tight and very controlled and fills my living room with ease. It's also quite compact so doesn't seem completely out of place in the living room.

Buy one, you will not be disappointed! It is worth every penny.

Timbot

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Splash- many thanks for this post. I'm in the same boat where I've been interested in the XLS200 but unwilling to take the plunge until I can find out a bit more. Never heard a bad review either. Everyone recommends it but nobody owns one... Until now!

If you don't mind me asking, what size of room do you have it in? Have you connected both LF and HF inputs? What is it running through / with?

I require a bit of ammo to use against the Hifi Police (actually, she's already losing this war of attrition...!)

A

Anonymous

Hi there,

I bought one getting on for about a year ago. The build quality on these is excellent for the money, especially if you go for the high gloss black like I did. Should certainly help on the police front, as it looks very smart next to the rest of my setup.

It's actually a pretty small box as well.

It's my first sub, so I haven't really got anything to benchmark it against other than my friends Kef all in one system, but it definitely blows that away.

I have it hooked up to a (fairly) old Yamaha surround amp (DSP-AX-620 I think), with that then going through to an Armcam 8R for when I'm just listening to music and it's very capable in this area, and never sounds strained, even when I've cranked it up a bit (alongside my Tannoy bookshelf speakers - mounted)

Same goes with films. Had Tron Legacy on last night, and all I can say is it continues to put a smile on my face listening to it; the range of this little box is impressive!

I'm using it in my flat around 4m x 7m and it's got enough kick in it to get the ceiling shaking - my neighbours no doubt love me for this.

Took me a few months to convince myself that i NEEDED a sub, but glad I did. I've had plenty of comments from friends about that powerfull little box in the corner.

Go buy. You won't be disapointed.

Splash

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
The living room is approx. 4m x 6m. I have a CA 640A v2 with Diamond 9.1 speakers on solid stands. Digital outputs on the CD player (CA 540c v2) and TV are fed to the amp via a CA Dacmagic, then fed to the sub through the HF inputs.

The spikes on the speaker stands and sub are perched on top of Sainsbury’s granite chopping boards (now that takes some explaining to the wife!)

For stereo listening this sub sings beautifully. Bass is taut and extended where it should be, and very musical. Play around with the frequency setting and be sensible with the gain, it’s tempting to turn that dial up at first!

I don’t have a 5.1 setup (next on my list), but even so watching movies or telly though my system sounds pretty amazing and I don’t want for more. As markymark says, it has plenty of kick!

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
I don't believe there is a better sub for the money. At very cheap money, Wharfdale are good, but it's worth finding the extra for BK.

A

Anonymous

I have this sub and although I can only compare it to a Sony all in one sub it is excellent. Very good build quality. Has plenty of kick and looks good too. I have the DF one and my wife even thinks it looks smart.
I don't even have it turned up that loud because of thin Walls but it still adds so much to both music and movies.

A

Anonymous

I have also had this sub for two years and would totally agree with the guys above, it has been a faultless performer with both music and movies.

F

FunkyMonkey

Hi all. What is today's equivalent of this sub, please?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts