BK Gemini 2 vs MJ Xeno Pro 2

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
I haven't compared these subs side by side, but here are my thoughts.

They are two excelent little subs that should work with music. There is little to choose between them, but if pushed, maybe the Pro 50 - if they were at the same price. If the BK was cheaper, then that is the one I'd go for.

Hope this helps

Cno

A

Anonymous

Well my first choice was Gemini, so maybe I should stick to that ;)

But I'm affraid it might be to small - it's hard to know, when it's not possible to audition at home.

I'm also considering the XTZ 99W10.16 - only 50£ more, and it way more powerful, and possible to room tune with plugs:

http://www.xtz.se/uk/subwoofers/99w10.16

Right now I have borrowed a System Audio SW200 (10") from my college, and that sound just the way I need - but WAF is no go (needs to be gloss black)

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
I can only answer this according to my taste.

I like sealed subs for 2 channel (fast/tight/tuneful), which (for me) would rule out the XTZ.

I think the BK will be fine, unless you like overpowering, thunderous bass. If AV was the main priorty, things might be different. FWIW. I like a sealed sub for everything. IMO. Subtle integration is the key.

Cno

A

Anonymous

CnoEvil said:
I can only answer this according to my taste. I like sealed subs for 2 channel (fast/tight/tuneful), which (for me) would rule out the XTZ. I think the BK will be fine, unless you like overpowering, thunderous bass. If AV was the main priorty, things might be different. FWIW. I like a sealed sub for everything. IMO. Subtle integration is the key. Cno

The XTZ can be sealed with the supplied plugs - correct me if I'm wrong?

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
The bungs are for "toning down" the bass and don't turn a reflex design into a sealed one.....same as you might get with a stereo speaker.

Give BK a ring with what you want to achieve, and the size of your room.....they should give good advice.

Cno

A

Anonymous

CnoEvil said:
The bungs are for "toning down" the bass and don't turn a reflex design into a sealed one.....same as you might get with a stereo speaker. Give BK a ring with what you want to achieve, and the size of your room.....they should give good advice. Cno

Sorry about my ignorance - I could have told myselfes
smiley-foot-in-mouth.gif

I'll try to contact BK...

Thank you for your advise :)

A

Anonymous

I've ordered the XLS200 mk2 on Ebay - I'm very excited to try it out.... Hopefully it would fullend my system :)

Feedback will follow....

A

Anonymous

Just a little follow up...:)

The XLS200 arrived 2 days after order (to Denmark) - pretty fast :)

First impressions are way better than I expected - build quality is excellent, and it's really small. I was affraid the XLS200 would be a setback compared to the borrowed System Audio sub (2 times more expensive and much larger cabinet). But I think the BK is way better - bas is smooth, fast and dynamic.

It was also much easier to calibrate with my exsisting setup.

So I'm just very happy the XLS200 - best money I've spend in a long time!

Thank you BK!

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f207/plex_dk/1725a5fc.jpg

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts