Bit of a random set up help!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi there,

This is what I have:

Samsung LE37A656 LCD, Samsung 1080P8 DVD Player.

I have a pair of B&W Dm601s which are quite old but good speakers but am looking for an AV amp in the region of £300 and the remaining surround speakers and centre/sub etc.

I am pretty dissapointed with the DVD player as I think it is very noisy any one else had hese issues?

Would really appreciate any advice!
emotion-2.gif

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
If you want to eventually go Blu-Ray, you chould take a look at the Sony STR-DG820 A/V amp, as it can decode HD content via HDMI. If your DVD is noisy and you're looking at a replacement, you might want to consider a Blu-Ray as it'll do justice to your DVDs too. Sony's BDP-S350 can be had for just over £150 on Amazon....A great price. (I paid £200........Dammit!!)

If you're not into Blu-Ray, you should have a look for some of deals on eBay for Arcam's AVR-280. eBay is probably your best bet for hunting down some DM 600s for surround speakers and the LCR60/LCR600 for centre duties. Or you could use your 601s as the surround speakers, and try to find some 602s for the fronts.

Your 601s. What series are they? I have 602 S3s and think they're great speakers which I'll probably keep until they die!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts