Big price up in amps ?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am thinking that if it is the end of cd are we going to see a big price increase in amps because in effect cd players are half there income, by there i mean manufactures.

A

Anonymous

Who knows. I'm trying to figure out if the world will be the size of a miniature football by 2011. One thing to remember though is price is met by demand, the less CD players sold more people will require DAC/amps so the price will reflect this.

A

Anonymous

That is my point, so amps and dacs will go up. We all need to make a living.

A

Anonymous

Possibly, you may be correct. To look at things one way though the best thing around at the moment in that fashion is the Naim SuperNait at around £2.5g. You will get more competition at this market when CD players start to sell less well and this price will fall to the mid thousands. My money will for a long time be on the separate amp DAC scenario though. This allows you to buy a reputable amp along with buying a DAC put together by people who know how to construct an external DAC which will without doubt have many more plus points to an internal DAC. Then again the miniature football analogy springs to mind.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
al7478:Octopo:Who knows. I'm trying to figure out if the world will be the size of a miniature football by 2011.

Im betting it will.

If we shrink along with it, will George Peppard return from the dead?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts