Biamping B&W 684 speakers with Cambridge Audio 840A & 840W

AKMH

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Dear Forum Members, I would very grateful for advice on biamping B&W 684 speakers. Could anyone please share their experiences in regards to any sonic improvements after biamping these speakers? If I were to add the Cambridge Audio 840W power amp to my 840A integrated amp for biamping, would there be any issues in terms of power output compatibility? The 840A is rated at 120w/c and the 840W at 200w/c. Assuming the 840A is used for driving the high frequency and the 840W for the low frequency, would there be any discrepancy in output and sound coherence (the speakers are rated as 150w max input)? Thanks in advance for any valuable suggestions!

Bodfish

Jun 25, 2009
Visit site
I have bi-amped many speakers in the past and always found the results to be beneficial. Don't worry about the power difference between the two, as long as the two units have the same gain then you'll be OK - ask your dealer or the manufacturer but I'd be surprised if they were different.

Also, no probs with the rated input of the speakers either, I used a set of B&W CDM1SE's for several years on the end of a bi-amped Meridian set up where the amps were rated at about 2.5 times that of the speakers rated input. Logic would suggest using the integrated on the high frequency and the power amp on the lows, but no harm experimenting here just to see what happens :eek:)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts