bi wiring with bannana plug

skularatna

Dec 18, 2008
Visit site
I have a small question. If you have an amp that doesn't allow for bare wire and only bannana plug.. how would one bi-wire if they have speakers that support bi wiring? Could you say link the strands of say the ends of the positive wire and feed them into the banana plug and then connect to the amp?

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
AV1177905-40.jpg

Stick bare wire in the side hole and screw down then stick the other wire (with a banana plug) in the top.

The threaded middle section is hollow to allow another banana plug to be plugged in.

Called 'stacking'.

skularatna

Dec 18, 2008
Visit site
my speakers only support bare wire so i will have to go with the first option. What about my original idea to wrap the two wires into a single banana plug... would that work?

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
skularatna:my speakers only support bare wire so i will have to go with the first option. What about my original idea to wrap the two wires into a single banana plug... would that work?

In the other thread that you started (entitled "Itube 252 valvedock + Wharfedale diamond 9.1") you said you are going to use Wharfedale Diamond 9.1

I dont know this speaker but the picture shows you can fit banana plugs....

wharfedale-diamond-9point1-rear.jpg

Those holes in the ends of the terminals should take banana plugs.

russ74

Mar 6, 2008
Visit site
Yes, thats fine. Thogh you may need a banana plug with a big entry hole to take two strands of wire twisted together. Using stacked banana plugs is just as good, doesn't affect the sound from my experience.

russ74

Mar 6, 2008
Visit site
The 9.1's will take banana plugs as Chebby says. To use plugs you may have to remove the small plastic caps which cover the holes & to biwire just remove the jumpers.

skularatna

Dec 18, 2008
Visit site
haha awesome so they do!!! they had small plastic clips covering the holes. Awesome. I have decided to purchase the QED Xt bi wire cable that was awarded 5 stars in 2003. £10 can't go wrong. :)

A

Anonymous

i found sevenoaks own brand plugs can easily fit two cables with out stacking. used both qed silver anniversary and gale 400 which are thickish

skularatna

Dec 18, 2008
Visit site
one last question.... i called fatman and they said if i bi wire i will bring te impedence to 3 ohms and this would damage the amp. The wharfedale engineer i spoke to said it wouldnt. any ideas?

A

Anonymous

skularatna:one last question.... i called fatman and they said if i bi wire i will bring te impedence to 3 ohms and this would damage the amp. The wharfedale engineer i spoke to said it wouldnt. any ideas?

That's utter rubbish! It won't make the slightest of differences!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts