Bi Wiring Monitor Audio RX6 Speakers

Lo Fi

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone biwired these speakers and if so did you find any impovement in sound.
I am thinking of bi wiring mine but before going to the expense of buying cable and plugs I would be intrested in membrs views.

KidKomet

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Whilst I haven't done it myself, a lot of people think bi-wiring is a myth. My advice would be to get some spare or cheap copper cable and then do a blind test. Listen to a few tracks with and without but have someone else change the wires so you don't know when the speakers are and aren't bi-wired. That way you should know for sure.

Lo Fi said:
Has anyone biwired these speakers and if so did you find any impovement in sound. I am thinking of bi wiring mine but before going to the expense of buying cable and plugs I would be intrested in membrs views.

Only the RS6s with both Arcam and subsequently the Leema. It does make a slight difference but not enough to justify the extra cost of cables IMO.

Ben K.

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Had my rx8 biwired as I had plenty of spare cable. I found that it actually sounded better single wired but the difference is only slight.

stevieg330

May 6, 2005
Visit site
Hi,

I used to have my RX6's biwired with QED Silver Anniversary bi-wire but needed some flat cable so changed it for single runs of Belden cable . I use link cables made from the same stuff rather than use the metal ones supplied with the speakers although I did use them initially.

Have to say I couldn't tell the difference between the cables and the links in any configuration, so in my opinion bi-wiring them makes no difference at all.

HTH

Steve

ISAC69

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
Bi-wiring is a myth / Voodoo (bi-amplifying is another story ! ) it is better to upgrade the speaker cables to notice improvement in the sound .

TRENDING THREADS