Bi Wire Help....

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, I could do with some advice with regards a new set of speaker cables for my system... I have a Marantz CD6004 cd player, Marantz PM6004 amplifier and Mission 780SE speakers (old, I know, but still sound good and very happy with them...!) I want to move the position of my amp and cd player in my lounge and my old speaker cables are not long enough...! My speakers are bi wired so I'm looking for some new cable which will sound good and be reasonably priced.... Any ideas would be gratefully appreciated...!

nlanks

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Chord Company Carnival Silverscreen bi-wire is what I use and it sounds great. No need to go more expensive than that I would say.

Marie Antoinette

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Many people agree bi wiring is a waste of time, and money, some manufacturers only put single wiring binding posts on their speakers too.

Far better to spend what you can afford on single wire, and I can recommend TQ Tellurium Blue at £16.50 per unterminated metre, it is a multi award winning cable, and sounds wonderful, unless you want to spend more, then in which case, TQ Black is where your cash should go.

bluebrazil

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
i agree with the above about bi wiring being less cost effective than one run of a better cable but long runs of TQ black would make the cables worth more than the speakers :? . A decent budget cable would be more than sufficient and the op could make jumpers from them to connect the hf and lf connections. +1 for the chord suggestoin but in single wire.

bluebrazil

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
another plan could be to just use the biwire cable you have already in single runs thus doubling what lengths you already have, if that would suffice. total cost then would be some electrical connectors or some insulation tape and a stanley knife :)

A

Anonymous

I would recommend to use good single wire speakercable and some high quality jumpers.

Chewy

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
I've never tried bi-wiring personally so cannot really advise, and if you think about it logically it really shouldn't make a blind bit of difference, but what confuses me is the many speaker companies that advocate bi-wiring. PMC for example even recommend tri-wiring their larger three way speakers for the best performance - as far as I'm aware they don't sell speaker cable, so I struggle to see what their motivations are beyond it being a genuine recommendation?

A

Anonymous

Johnlexblue said:
Hi, I could do with some advice with regards a new set of speaker cables for my system... I have a Marantz CD6004 cd player, Marantz PM6004 amplifier and Mission 780SE speakers (old, I know, but still sound good and very happy with them...!) I want to move the position of my amp and cd player in my lounge and my old speaker cables are not long enough...! My speakers are bi wired so I'm looking for some new cable which will sound good and be reasonably priced.... Any ideas would be gratefully appreciated...!

with your system i would recommend chord Carnival SilverScreen cable, no need to go down the bi-wire route, just remove the brass links and replace with some small carnival silverscreen links, easy to do yourself.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts