Bi-Wire Exposure

halba

Jan 26, 2008
Visit site
I have an Exposure 2010 Integrated Amplifier that has 8 speaker connections (4 per channel). The handbook says connect L&R 'one' to the speakers for single wiring & use L&R 'one and two' for Bi-Wiring. There is no mention of which to which (apart from all left to left & right to right). Can anyone help please, does it matter ?

nads

[quote user="halba"]I have an Exposure 2010 Integrated Amplifier that has 8 speaker connections (4 per channel). The handbook says connect L&R 'one' to the speakers for single wiring & use L&R 'one and two' for Bi-Wiring. There is no mention of which to which (apart from all left to left & right to right). Can anyone help please, does it matter ?[/quote]

So what are the speakers?

Anton90125

Sep 1, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="gpi"]It's from the same amp so it shouldn't matter. Bi-amping with the power amp will be more beneficial.[/quote]

Technically there is a difference. The real question is weather you can hear it. I can and all my friends can but clearly some can't. This is some thing you need to try for yourself with some cheapish cable. Your speakers need to be ready to accept bi wire ( or bi amping for that matter). This is to say that the crossover circuitry and been designed / modded so that the individual filter arms are electrically distinct. Your speaker will have 4 terminals on them instead of the normal 2.

Bi amping is a better solution but is obviously more expensive. IMO bi wiring is a relatively cheap upgrade. You need to test this yourself. And going biwired can be considered the first step to bi amping anyway.

gpi

Mar 29, 2008
Visit site
My amp has Speakers 1 and 2 but that is for two pairs of speakers, not bi-wiring. I believe the Exposure is configured differently. Therefore I have shotgunned at the amp end. I am not sure with this method whether there is any advantage over single run wiring and using jumpers on speakers with four terminals.

Anton90125

Sep 1, 2007
Visit site
I was referring to the speaker end. There is no reason why you can't "have shotgunned at the amp end" other then physical space allowances.

Without getting too heavily in to the theory of bi wiring, using two "spurs", one to each of the drivers/crossover filters, brings the connection point to the amp. This reduces the intermodulation that occurs between tweeter and woofer sections. Also this allows the amp to better control the "motor" generated distortions of the woofer.

But at the end of the day its what you can or can not hear.

gpi

Mar 29, 2008
Visit site
Yes I edited my post when I realised you were referring to the speakers.

Just testing Firefox now because in Safari the return key doesn't have any effect.

Nope, still can't separate lines.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="Thaiman"]
get your self a Exposure 2010 power amp and used them together (Bi-amp) you will be amaze with the vast improvement.
[/quote] I'd sell the exposure and get a better integrated eventually if you have spare money (its a great amp though) but if you still use MA BR5's I would strongly recommend to change speakers first. They are holding your system back even in its present guise and the benefits of better speakers will far outweigh any gains made by adding another amplifier.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
I love to spend other peoples money ... even if they dont want to ...
emotion-11.gif
. No offense Halba, I'm sure you've listened to your components carefully before you bought them and are obviously happy with them. I/we just get carried away sometimes.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="drummerman"]I'd sell the exposure and get a better integrated eventually if you have spare money (its a great amp though) but if you still use MA BR5's I would strongly recommend to change speakers first. [/quote]

The only problem I remember with the exposure was loose bottom end which clearly effect timing however it seem to be fine when Bi-amp with the matching power amp.

As for speakers, you are right mr. Drummer but the exposure power amp will cost around £250 - £300 now a day which you will be hard push to upgrade speakers at that price.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="Thaiman"]
[quote user="drummerman"]I'd sell the exposure and get a better integrated eventually if you have spare money (its a great amp though) but if you still use MA BR5's I would strongly recommend to change speakers first. [/quote]

The only problem I remember with the exposure was loose bottom end which clearly effect timing however it seem to be fine when Bi-amp with the matching power amp.

As for speakers, you are right mr. Drummer but the exposure power amp will cost around £250 - £300 now a day which you will be hard push to upgrade speakers at that price.

[/quote]

True

halba

Jan 26, 2008
Visit site
Thank you all, however my question was does it matter what amp outputs connect to what speaker inputs - for instance Amp left 'one' to Speaker top or bottom ?

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="halba"]instance Amp left 'one' to Speaker top or bottom ?[/quote]

It doesn't matter which way you put them in.

TRENDING THREADS