Bi wire cable thickness ...... Just wont fit.

mushroomgod

May 25, 2009
Visit site
this is going to sound very very stupid....But how do I wire my speakers when the cable is too thick to get into the connectors.

I have some OED biwire cable - at the speaker end its easy to do because its simple 4 separate wires. At the amp end though, where Im doubling up the cables, I simply cant - two wires will not fit the amp or the cable plugs.

Any ideas?

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
'Two-into-one' banana plugs....

5452_BANANA_PLUG__1_m.jpg

I would suggest you get the dealer who sold you the cable to terminate the amplifier ends in an approprate and neat manner that suits your set-up.

Just be careful (whatever solution you use) the tension caused by the weight of the cable is not allowed to (mechanically) stress your amplifiers terminals too much.

I spent a long time (with hairdryer*) permanently shaping my cable down to, and over the 'ledge' at the back of the unit behind the amp to ensure that there is no pull on the terminals and that was only single runs. With heavy bi-wire this is twice as important.

Right angled plugs may help you depending on your setup and the flexibility of your cables.

* Don't use hairdryer unless your cable manufacturer recommends it. In my case (Naim NAC-A5) it is recommended.

SteveR750

mushroomgod:
this is going to sound very very stupid....But how do I wire my speakers when the cable is too thick to get into the connectors.

I have some OED biwire cable - at the speaker end its easy to do because its simple 4 separate wires. At the amp end though, where Im doubling up the cables, I simply cant - two wires will not fit the amp or the cable plugs.

Any ideas?

Yes, give up and single wire. I got fed up of trying to prod the conjoined cables into the back of my old NAD over the years, so gave up in the end.

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
connect the bare wire at both ends of the connectors (Instead of trying to connect both at the same place)

Or connect through spades. Or connect through a banana and the other to the connector

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts