BI AMPING

jordanfx

Jan 3, 2008
Visit site
just ordered the monitor audio silver 6 to go with my pioneer A 50 amp.looking to bi amp as the facilities are there.is it worth doing and is the difference noticeable.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
jordanfx said:
just ordered the monitor audio silver 6 to go with my pioneer A 50 amp.looking to bi amp as the facilities are there.is it worth doing and is the difference noticeable.

What other amplifier are you using to bi-amp?

Or do you mean bi-wiring?

Crossie

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
Sorry Jordanfx your amp has A and B zones this is not bi-amping. In order to bi-amp you need 4 channels of amplification. Your amp has only two channels.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Crossie said:
Sorry Jordanfx your amp has A and B zones this is not bi-amping. In order to bi-amp you need 4 channels of amplification. Your amp has only two channels.

Kind of what I thought.

Some amplifiers, particularly digital ones, can have multiple modules that can be configured as say, 2 x 60 watts or 4 x 30 watts as is the case in the Marantze 610.

I do not think the A50 has this facility, which is perhaps just as well as it is an awful idea.

Crossie

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
Lots of different views on this. I have tried Bi-wiring to little effect. I would recommend spending the money on a reasonable pair of speaker cables, rathe than bi-wire. Don't go over the top on cables. In my experience cables make relatively small differences compared to electronics and speakers. Spend your money on well recorded and mastered music. :)

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
jordanfx said:
sorry my mistake it can be bi wired not bi amp .but same question is it worth doing.thanks.

Maybe.

If you can try it at zero or minimal expense give it a go.

However do not expect a big difference, just doubling up the cables will lower their impedence, so some small changes may be observed in some systems.

Will it be a worthwhile improvement? Probably not.

respe

Apr 16, 2009
Visit site
If your speakers take bi wire, then the chances are they have brass jumpers joining the terminals for when you are single wire. Have some jumpers made up from the same stuff as your speaker wire. Its the only time i have noticed any differance. Just get some 2.5mm van damme cales and jumpers made up. Spend the rest on music.

respe

Apr 16, 2009
Visit site
If your speakers take bi wire, then the chances are they have brass jumpers joining the terminals for when you are single wire. Have some jumpers made up from the same stuff as your speaker wire. Its the only time i have noticed any differance. Just get some 2.5mm van damme cales and jumpers made up. Spend the rest on music.

respe

Apr 16, 2009
Visit site

respe

Apr 16, 2009
Visit site

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts