bi-amping with bi-wire cable

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Sorry guys stupid question.................is it better to use a bi-wire cable with 4/4 terminations to bi-amp, rather than using 2 pairs of bi-wire cable with 2/2 terminations to bi-amp. I know changing a bi-wire to a 2 x 2 configuration would parallel the conductors and consequently alter the inductance and capacitance, which would alter the cable's characteristics, but people still do it.......any thoughts would be much appreciated........

A

Anonymous

I don't think it would make any difference either way, except that the former method would mean you were less likely to trip over your speaker cables.

A

Anonymous

i would be astonished if you could hear a difference.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Sam Srivastava"]is it better to use a bi-wire cable with 4/4 terminations to bi-amp, rather than using 2 pairs of bi-wire cable with 2/2 terminations to bi-amp.[/quote]

I put my neck on the block here....

I doubt if you could notice any different at all
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Thaiman"]
[quote user="Sam Srivastava"]is it better to use a bi-wire cable with 4/4 terminations to bi-amp, rather than using 2 pairs of bi-wire cable with 2/2 terminations to bi-amp.[/quote]

I put my neck on the block here....

I doubt if you could notice any different at all
emotion-1.gif

[/quote]

that's great........i suspect the same, as others have mentioned on here.......which means i'm pointlessly wasting money on 4 runs of cable and limiting myself from getting a high quality bi-wire cable (one pair) which would also mean less wire ;).........i was even thinking about 4 runs of signature cable until i tried a demo and found it took the life out of my system (silent soundstage though)........atlas mavros here i come ;) (considering the heimdall too)

A

Anonymous

[quote user="nads"][quote user="JoelSim"]I use 4 lengths of normal cable to good effect.[/quote]
Same here. All this bi-wire cable looks too thin to me.[/quote]

I hear ya both........but when it comes to upgrading speaker cable.....i'll be damned if i'm getting 4 runs of cable!........especially if you can't tell the difference with a good quality bi-wire.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts