Bi-Amping Monitor Audio BX2

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I've gone through the review of the Monitor Audio BX2 speakers and learned that Bi-Wiring did not appear to be convincing. What Hi-Fi preferred the single-wired configuration.

I'm thinking of Bi-Amping them instead (4-4 configuration, instead of 2-4 configuration). Can I expect better results compared to Bi-Wiring or should I stay with the single-wired configuration. I don't want to spend twice for the cabling, if I don't really benefit from it.

Thanks for your support.

A

Anonymous

im also about to purchases some BX2's and was wondering whether to biwire or just single wire as the reviewer preferred single wired configuration. If anyone could shed some light that would be great.

Bodfish

Jun 25, 2009
Visit site
watu2k: Hi,I've gone through the review of the Monitor Audio BX2 speakers and learned that Bi-Wiring did not appear to be convincing. What Hi-Fi preferred the single-wired configuration.

I'm thinking of Bi-Amping them instead (4-4 configuration, instead of 2-4 configuration). Can I expect better results compared to Bi-Wiring or should I stay with the single-wired configuration. I don't want to spend twice for the cabling, if I don't really benefit from it.

Thanks for your support.

What you are talking about there is still just bi-wiring. To bi-amp you will need an integrated stereo amp with a pre out and another stereo power amp or a pre amp and two stereo power amps or a pre amp and four monoblocs.

FWIW I've never heard any benefit from bi-wiring but from (proper) bi-amping I have always heard improvements.

jiggyjoe

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
In order to Bi-Amp you will need 4 channels of amplification, not just connecting bi-wire cable in 4-4 configuration to a stereo amp, that is still just bi-wiring.

jiggyjoe

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
sorry bodfish beat me to it

Normally Bi-amping works best on multi-driver loudspeakers if passive bi-amping ,

because it reduces the impedance seen by the amps so making the speaker easier to drive.

you could try your bx 2's single wire to see if it makes any difference to you,

but do not use the bridge links that came with the speakers. use small lengths of your speaker cable to bridge the LF to HF terminals.

A

Anonymous

I will connect the BX2 speakers to a Marantz M-CR603, which claims to have a Bi-Amp Mode.

Is this really Bi-Amp or a simple Bi-Wire?

Richard Allen

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
watu2k:
Hi,

I've gone through the review of the Monitor Audio BX2 speakers and learned that Bi-Wiring did not appear to be convincing. What Hi-Fi preferred the single-wired configuration.

Thanks for your support.

With the greatest of respect to the OP, I really don't know why you are going through all this on a £250 loudspeaker. Dearer, yes, without doubt but £250??. I wouldn't bother with the expense.

A

Anonymous

Sorry Richard, do you mean that I should not notice any big improvement on a £250 loudspeaker, or that considering the little investment it is certainly worthwhile to go for it?

Regardless of the pricing issues, I just want to understand if sound quality-wise, the Bi-Amp choice makes sense.

I did not consider the output power reduction, though. And this might be another key aspect to take into consideration.

Thanks.

Richard Allen

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
watu2k:
Sorry Richard, do you mean that I should not notice any big improvement on a £250 loudspeaker, or that considering the little investment it is certainly worthwhile to go for it?

Regardless of the pricing issues, I just want to understand if sound quality-wise, the Bi-Amp choice makes sense.

I did not consider the output power reduction, though. And this might be another key aspect to take into consideration.

Thanks.

No I don't think you will in all honesty. For the amount of money you would 'speculate' on this venture, I do seriously urge you to consider a damned fine single wire cable. Yes, bi-amping does work but whether you would get the full benefits of this mod on an entry level speaker, my own included here, I would be somewhat dubious.

Paul.

I picked up 3 meters of Chord Rumour 4 off of ebay for about £25 and cut it in half, not a lot of money so I would have a punt. I noticed a difference Bi-amping my Onkyo 805 and My MA BR5's, so it cant hurt to try.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts