Bi amping av receiver?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Pioneer 575 Dvd player, Technics sa da8 av receiver (100w per channel), Mission m73 speakers. Receiver soon to be upgraded (hopefully use stereo amp through pre outs aswell, blue ray to be added and maybe a arcam cd 73 or cyrus 6.

However in the mean time i wondered wheather it would be worth using the bi amp feature on my receiver to try and improve stereo quality, i would just need to get a couple of runs of biwire cable.

Also do you think i should use the dac in the dvd player and use analogue outs or use dac in receiver using optical cable for stereo use. Currently using optical cable as it is used anyway for surround.

Any thougts apreciated

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
You can biwire the m73s from the Technics, which may bring small benefits, but I don't think there's a facility on the Technics product for biamplification.

A

Anonymous

yeah there is, there is a button which says biamp and when you hit it you can hear something inside switching (like a mechanical click). I also found the manual online which says there is a bi amp facility. just wondering whether it was worth my effort buying some extra runs of cable or biwire cable or am i just flogging a nearly dead horse.

What are your thoughts on which dac to use

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Oh well, found a manual online but must have missed the bit about biamping.

But now I get it, having re-read the manual - yes you can switch amp channels to biamp the front speakers, but the amp will then only run in stereo. I guess it's worth a try, but I suspect it'd be better to think about a more wholesale upgrade of the system.

I think the DVD player will prove the limiting factor in stereo performance here - you'd do better to add a dedicated CD player and run it into the amp in analogue.

A

Anonymous

Like i said upgrades are planned for the near future, was thinking of adding a arcam cd73 or maybe cyrus 6 and then adding a better av amp with pre outs and then finally a stereo amp. Which stereo amps would you consider for use with the cyrus or arcam.

I was just trying to squeeze a bit more from my current system in the mean time. Would you xpect the dac in the receiver and dvd to be near enough the same quality?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="matt444_2000"]Would you xpect the dac in the receiver and dvd to be near enough the same quality?[/quote]

Yes

[quote user="matt444_2000"]Which stereo amps would you consider for use with the cyrus or arcam[/quote]

The obvious choices would be similarly-priced Arcam and Cyrus amplifiers, specifically the A70 and 6vs2 respectively.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts