Better picture from scart than H.D.M.I.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,as the title says i am bemused. I have a Pioneer LX5090 through which i run a sky scarted lead its not sky+ the picture is as good as if not better than my Foxsat Pvr running a Cord Silver Plus HDMI. Why is this? any ideas please.My Freesat is set at Original

Thanks

jj

A

Anonymous

just a foot note i am comparing the channels on Freesat using a HDMI and sky using a scart

A

Anonymous

Clare, My Sky with scarted lead to Tv anologue feed to Onkyo 606, my Foxsat Pvr with Cord HDMI to Tv and an optical to the Onkyo. The Pvr is connected to input 4 on Tv

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
OK, but how are you receiving the signal - could, for instance, the signal-strength/quality be different on the satellite feed to your Sky box compared to that running into the Foxsat?

Just trying to work out the possible permutations!

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Clare Newsome:How are you feeding both a Sky box and Foxsat box - one satellite feed into either? Have you tried swapping the feeds?

Best way to test is to connect the Freesat box with the scart and see which is best out of the hdmi and scart on just the Freesat box. If the scart is not as good, it would suggest the Freesat feed is the issue. If the scart is better than hdmi, it would suggest that the hdmi cable or the settings for it are not right.

A

Anonymous

Clare,I changed the single LNB for a quad so the feed strength and quality is the same i just can`t work it out

A

Anonymous

Garrardasnails, the HDMI is working ok ,on BBC/HD it is excellent so I dont think it is the lead

bigblue235

Aug 22, 2007
Visit site
You're comparing two different sources, so it's tough to make a fair comparison.

On my Sky HD box (set to 1080i) some SD channels look better through a Scart cable than over HDMI. I guess due to the scaler in my TV being better than the one on my Sky box. I should set my Sky box to Auto, but the missus changes channels so often that the delay while the TV changes resolution gets on your nerves after a while!

As the alien chap suggests, maybe you just need to do a little tinkering with your settings?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts