Best wired headphones

Navanski

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
This may seem a touch pedantic but some of the items listed in your article are not headphones. They are earphones. The list you have concocted is using too broad a brush. I would much prefer a separate list for earphones.
You may even consider splitting the personal listening devices into those you could class as portable and those which should be left at home.
I'm also surprised to see some manufacturers represented more than once in the list. Are you seriously stating that AKG, Focal, Sennheiser, Audeze and HiFiMan, to name just some, are not worthy of being listed?

Valkyr09

Feb 22, 2021
Visit site
This list is a load of rubbish. You are putting two grados on the recommended when there are better and cheaper alternatives with better build. The grados are flimsy and creaky for the price you pay. And their tuning is rubbish as well. I was using them before and when I wanted to get more details from them I would have to crank the volume. That meant the bass goes up as well and you end up with muddy details and a horrible sound. Definitely keep away or get them on a deal.

Bloke

BANNED
Apr 4, 2022
Visit site
Agreed. I've never understood WHF's longstanding fixation with Grado. Their tonal balance is a loudness button, and the ragged HF makes my ears bleed.

Navanski

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
Agreed. I've never understood WHF's longstanding fixation with Grado. Their tonal balance is a loudness button, and the ragged HF makes my ears bleed.
Personally I like the Grado sound. It is a distinctive sound which some people find too bright, it's a matter of personal taste. I would agree however that in a list of the best headphones, only one set of Grado would suffice. Where are the AKG, Focal, Sennheiser, Audeze and HiFiMan ?

TRENDING THREADS