best way to set up

T

the record spot

ct00100:
what is the best way to connect my speakers to my amp i have the Cambridge audio azur 640a amp and my speakers are kef q5s

You've options here; there's a whole argument around which speaker cable to use, how much to spend and which brand to go for. Two schools of thought - big name branded, fancy box, covering, double shielded, heat treated, cooled in outer space, blah blah blah, or something a bit more basic, unbranded, cheap as chips and so on.

whichever you choose you don't have to spend a lot of money. For unbranded generic, you need to look at less than a pound a metre. For branded, you shouldn't have to look at spending more than a fiver a metre. Any more than that and you're spending more than you need to.

After that, you need to decide if you want to go down the single or biwired route. If you just need to connect to the 640A, then single wiring might be the best bet as there's another view out there that says this might be better than biwiring if you're only going to the one amplifier (i.e. you only need two strands of cable than four).

A basic explanation is offered here: http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/~www_pa/Scots_Guide/audio/biwire/Page1.html and bear in mind that by going down this road, you are entering the realm of the whole cable debate. Abandon hope all ye who enter here, etc...!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts