Best Subwoofer Cable for HiFi - Connected via Pre-outs

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi people

Ive gone back into Hifi upgrade mode and im considering getting a subwoofer.

Ive looked at the Focal Chorus SW800 to match my current system: 'see signature"

Im just wondering if anyone can give me some recommendation as to which cable would be best to connect the subwoofer.

The subwoofer would be connected via the pre-outs on the Rotel pre-amp.

Dont really have the space on the power amp terminals for connecting via high level. Nor do i want to particularly pass the signal through the sub as its just going to increase the length of the signal path to the main loudspeakers. I can imagine this would be detrimental to the sound.

Any advice with anything relating towards this upgrade idea would be good.

Thanks [:D]

caddyhound

Feb 26, 2009
Visit site
Try a Van den Hul interconnect as a first option.If the Focul Sub has only one input rather than a left and right then a Y connector can be used.My Velodyne is connected by a mid priced interconnect and it does the job well.Not convinced cable difference is much with Subs so don't spend too much.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
cable_master: Nor do i want to particularly pass the signal through the sub as its just going to increase the length of the signal path to the main loudspeakers. I can imagine this would be detrimental to the sound.

It doesn't work like that, a sub's high-level input is connected in parallel to the main speakers, not in series with them, so the signal path length to the speakers remains the same and doesn't pass through the sub first.

A

Anonymous

Many thanks for the comments.

I think perhaps i will go for one of the lower end van den hul cables.

Thanks,

James

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts