best speakers up to £500

davidjmorris

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
i have a marantz mp6004 amp. at the min i have cambridge audio s30 but i am going to use them for my tv. so i would like to know what would be the best all round speaker for my to buy i have £500 to spend but could spend a bit more if its worth it.

A

Anonymous

davidjmorris said:
i have a marantz mp6004 amp. at the min i have cambridge audio s30 but i am going to use them for my tv. so i would like to know what would be the best all round speaker for my to buy i have £500 to spend but could spend a bit more if its worth it.

Can you demo, if so make a short list

ie MA B&W KEF Rega etc

You need to listen for yourself to know if they suit your 'sound'

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
davidjmorris said:

Q Acoustics Concept 20.

ErwinC

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
David@FrankHarvey said:
davidjmorris said:

Q Acoustics Concept 20.

Without a doubt. :cheers:

bluedroog

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
While I’ve no doubt the Concept 20s are very good speakers given they share much of the components of the excellent i series in a better cabinet and are worthy of a mention, I do think there are many other options that should be considered too.

If the OP doesn’t mind going s/h £500+ will get you a lot of speaker, something like PMC DB1 can be had for under £500 and there is a pair of the + version on buy it now for £460. If you shop around the Kef LS50 are available for around £700 if you can stretch that far.

What kind of sound do you like? I’m not up to date on the models but Acoustic Energy may be worth a look, they have a really tight and agile sound that will appeal to many.

T

the record spot

If you're in a small room, the Tannoy DC4 that I use will take some beating. Wonderful little speaker and on a par with my previous favourite, Mission's legendary 751.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Best to audition them, not all speakers may suit your taste, the DB1s did not suit me, the Kef LS50s I much preferred, I would try som KEF R100s which can be had for £550. Others to consider are Epos and AE301s.

gregvet

Dec 24, 2008
Visit site
BigH said:
Best to audition them, not all speakers may suit your taste, the DB1s did not suit me, the Kef LS50s I much preferred, I would try som KEF R100s which can be had for £550. Others to consider are Epos and AE301s.

i picked up my open box LS50's for less than £600, and they would be hard to beat for the money IMO. Might end up needing a better amp tho ;)

gregvet

Dec 24, 2008
Visit site
I don't think the OP has specified that they have to be new. I have no doubt that the concept 20's would be hard to beat (new) for the specified budget, but it doesn't hurt to suggest other options.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
davidjmorris said:
so i would like to know what would be the best all round speaker for my to buy i have £500 to spend but could spend a bit more if its worth it.

Best speaker he can buy for £500 or a bit more if its worth it!

Cypher

Jun 8, 2007
Visit site
I have no doubt the Concept 20 are better speakers but I recommend the Q acoustics 2020i.

Best budget speakers I've ever heard.

Blackdawn

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I really enjoyed owning some Klipsch RB81's in the past. These Klipsch RB81 II - you can buy seperately for £250 so come in at the budget you mentioned of £500. I think they would work really well with the Marantz - front ported, plenty of power, easy to drive, good bass etc. These would be my choice. Other than the Klipsch speakers I might be tempted by some Q acoustics 2050i speakers.

What sources will they be used for ?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts