Best Speakers to run both a hi-fi and television

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, I have recently purchased a good spec amp that runs 5.1 for home theatres.  My plan is to use the amp to connect my playstation 3 thus having good sound for dvds, and also connect my mixer for my technics mixing decks, and also my i mac so that i can listen to i-tunes.  I am wondering what would be the best type of speakers (fairly compact) to use.  These would be for audio and as the front 2 speakers for the home theatre system, then later i might add some rear speakers.  I am looking for something under £500 and i thought that the fatman fatboy speakers looked quite versatile, are these any good?

Thanks  Andy. 

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Your best bet would be to get a good pair of stereo speakers - which amp do you have? The B&W 685s are a good bet at that price range, allowing you to build up to the B&W 685 Theatre package which is an awesome home cinema speaker set. However, the 685s must be auditioned first as some love them (like me) whilst others think they are decidedly average.
This is just an idea of a home cinema package as it's basically the one I have, but there are plenty of other options out there which can be built up by starting with a standard pair of stereo speakers.
Edit - just saw fairly compact - how small do you need them to be?

A

Anonymous

thanks mate ill check those out. ÿWill they also play decent stereo from my decks? The amp i have is a Marzantz surround receiver SR4300. ÿI am told this is not bad, but ive only paid £50 for it from a mate.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Andrew Bunting:Will they also play decent stereo from my decks?
I would guess so - certainly play decent stereo from my home cinema amp, but I'm not too familiar with mixing decks.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts