Best speakers for Yamaha A-S500

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi guys, I need your advice for best speakers in the market that can match up my Yamaha A-S500. I tried my old KEF Q35 with the Yamaha A-S500 but was not satisfied, so I am planning to give them to a friend and replace them with new ones, Budget between £300 to £700. Cheers

A

Anonymous

i'm running a pair of dynaudio dm 2/7s with an as-500. great combo imo. fantastic speakers, lovely tight bass, smooth treble and loads of detail, they can be got for less than £600.

Midi:Hi guys, I need your advice for best speakers in the market that can match up my Yamaha A-S500. I tried my old KEF Q35 with the Yamaha A-S500 but was not satisfied, so I am planning to give them to a friend and replace them with new ones, Budget between £300 to £700. Cheers

Hi Midi

Monitor Audio's BX2 or BX5's and Dynaudio's DM 2/6 or DM 2/7 speakers are worth a look as these work well with the excellent Yamaha A-S500 amplifier.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

Do you have any recommendations a little further down the price range? Approx £150-ish

Reason is I have a Sub, and am looking for a new stereo pair. The Yamaha seems quite unusual in the case it has a sub out. I have slight concerns about the brightness of the amp... i.e. are the Mission MX1 speakers a bit bright for the A-S500? What would be a suitable, unfussy about positioning pairing?

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
As ear asks - what didn't you like about the Q35's? Previous KEF's have always majored on treble and midrange clarity, resulting in a leaner sound - can I assume you want something more bass heavy?

If so, try Wharfedale's 10.1's or Mission's MX1's. These won't have the same sort of insight into recordings, but that's what you lose when you major on bass. Especially with budget speakers.

A

Anonymous

Just after clarity and better sound. my old KEF Q35 are OK but did not seem to deliver enough clarity with Yamaha A-S500. So, I thought it is time to replace my them with something better. not sure if I need to use 2 pair or just one pair and bookself or standing speakers. Any suggestions will help me to make the right decision. Visiting shops without enough knowledge is just confuses me more. my living room is around 5x4.5 m

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
For your budget, but stand mount speakers - they'll give you a better balanced sounding loudspeaker. But I don't think I'd trade in a pair of Q35's for anything at £150 at the moment....

TRENDING THREADS