Best Speakers for Denon AVR 1910

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I'm familiar with the site, but new to the forum. Straight to the point then...

Please note : I live in South Africa, therefore certain brands are not available to me/hard to get.

Equipment thus far :

Optoma HD20 1080p projector

Denon AVR 1910 amplifier

Sony BDP 360 player (want to upgrade to 370 or maybe 570)

Mission 733 speakers (Bought in 1995!) - For now this is my speaker setup, hence my dilemma - I need a speaker package!

What would be the best suited speakers to pair with my Denon 1910?

My room is medium sized now, but in the next year i'm moving to a large room.

I plan to use the system 90% + for home cinema.

I like mainstream titles with action, etc, so called "special effects" movies. (My music taste is also pop/rock etc.) Titles like Transformers, Matrix, LOTR, Star Wars, Iron Man, F+Furious, etc make up a part of my collection of BluRays.

I chose the Denon 1910 for its character as described in the review. I don't like something that is too much to the sharp side. I prefer strong impressive bass with yet a detailed high end. The 1910 just blew away the competition I listened to/read about and I'm very happy with the type of sound it gives.

Now I need speakers. I'm thinking of 1st buying floorstanders for the front and a centre + sub later, and finally the rears. Firstly the fronts...

Availble brands/models that i'm looking at in my area of South Africa :

Mission MX5

PSB Image T5

Boston A360

B&W 684

The above fall in my budget, also I can listen to them with some trouble. The B&W's may be tough to audition.

As mentioned I like strong bass. As far as I can gather the MX5's have massive impact, but how will it pair with the 1910? Should I go with the slightly more detailed Boston's and rely on the sub for bass? Or what about the PSB's? They have more impact than the B&W's, especially for home cinema.

Lastly, I can get a set of Mission Elan floors 2nd hand for 1/3rd of the new price.

PLEASE HELP!!! THIS IS PROVING TO BE A VERY DIFFICULT PROCESS FOR A BEGINNER LIKE MYSELF!!!

A

Anonymous

No one?!
smiley-frown.gif

Or do you have something against South Africa?
smiley-surprised.gif

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
I'd audition the Mission MX5 & B&W's which should sound even better, given the choice. I've not heard the Elans so can't comment on them.

You mention a BD Player, take a look & demo of a newer 2011 model. They seem to be moving forward in leaps & bounds.

WishTree

May 18, 2010
Visit site
CMonster said:
Now I need speakers. I'm thinking of 1st buying floorstanders for the front and a centre + sub later, and finally the rears. Firstly the fronts...

Availble brands/models that i'm looking at in my area of South Africa :

Mission MX5

PSB Image T5

Boston A360

B&W 684

The above fall in my budget, also I can listen to them with some trouble. The B&W's may be tough to audition.

As mentioned I like strong bass.

PLEASE HELP!!! THIS IS PROVING TO BE A VERY DIFFICULT PROCESS FOR A BEGINNER LIKE MYSELF!!!

If you are 90% Home Theatre, then the complete package is very important, though you will be buying it in multiple stages. So, try to check out the packages, or atleast with the center and fronts together. I used Denon AVR 1910 with B&W range (though it was CM7 and CMC) and had excellent results. I am little biased towards B&W range for this purpose. If you really need base, especially for HT, you have to have the SubWoofer.

Hope this helps.

A

Anonymous

Was an attempt at humour! I know everyone is busy... (How about some input Andrew?)

Thanks for the valueable input from the posts supplying information thus far!

I'm auditioning some likely candidates this weekend...

A

Anonymous

Hi there...

I'm currently using the 1910 with the B&W 685 package, with the intention of upgrading the front speakers to the 684s at a later stage. However, I'm incredibly happy with the current set-up and it meets my requirements. If you are happy with the B&W sound, you may want to consider the ASW610 sub instead of the ASW608 - more punch...

I've never tested the PSBs in a HT set-up, so can't comment there.... I would consider the Monitor Audio BX2 set-up, although using a similar set-up to the 685 with standmounts for the fronts, the bipole/dipole rears do make for an enjoyable HT set-up

Although you could go a different route since you are in SA, and look for Sonor speakers - some home grown talent, they do make a dedicated HT set-up as well.

Cheers!

Dermondo

Oct 4, 2009
Visit site
Hi, I to use B&W speakers with my Denon 2311, they intergrate very in my set up and would recommend without hesitation.

Front L&R-DM603S2, Centre-HTM-61, Rears-686 and Sub-MK.

A

Anonymous

Hi

I am also from South Africa. Durban by the sea
smiley-cool.gif

I am currently using a Denon 1910 in my HT with B & W 684s as mains, HTM62 centre and 686s as rears. The combination sounds great in a room that is 5m x 3m. Also using dual Velodyne Impact 10 subwoofers.

Or as suggested go with the 685s in front but they need a good set of stands to perform well.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts