Best speakers for classical music and some rock

da_grudge

Jun 5, 2008
Visit site
Hello all. I 've been looking for a pair of speakers for a long time. I would like some recommendations (I listen mainly classical music, jazz, and some radiohead, pearl jam, system of a down, tool).

Can you please give me a list of some speakers you like? So far, I listened to the rs6, tannoy f4 and ma br5.

Thank you so much

A

Anonymous

Well i don't know what your budget is,but for around £200 or less from Richer Sounds try the Celestion F30's floorstanders!

I listen to all types of music from classic to reggae to punk rock(The Clash) and these speakers are an absolute gem!

Saw this review of them recently and just about sums them up!

Summary:
Tried these puppies out on the jazz channel and listened to some different pieces with some added brass in the background (sax and trumpet) and (surprise) found myself not turning so quickly to a different channel but rather instead actually enjoying hearing their clearer, more subtle yet distinct and pleasing to the ear sounds coming from those 3/4 inch titanium tweeters rather than the usual harsh, irritating and grating sounds coming from the old silk dome tweeters that I had originally owned!

Strengths:
Lyrics were clear and recognizable, instruments and voices were clearer, bells were perfectly characterized, brass instruments blended in naturally and were more muted and not to bright sounding. Picked up more subtlties and little nuances that were'nt noticable before (overall), in the surround sound mode and noted better separation between the speakers to boot.

Overall,pretty good speakers!

A

Anonymous

I have an RS8 system, preferred them to the RS6's due to my room size.
Have a similar taste to you in music and love the way the RS handles thing is its natural way. Why not have a listen to some splendor's as well, be worth a comparison.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts