Best speaker cables 2020: budget and premium audio cables

Mike Hunt

Jan 22, 2020
And you can provide independent verifiable proof of this?

Bill
Of course they can't. None of these cables work any better than a length of twin and earth cable you'd find in a skip. They might look nicer but they perform no better, and when you see that suppliers are offering a burn-in service, you just know that they're selling snake oil.

alantb

Feb 12, 2020
And you can provide independent verifiable proof of this?

Bill
Hi Bill
Having just spent a week reviewing three cables at home (Chord Epic X, Chord XL and Tellurium Q silver 2) I can say a firm 'yes'. There were substantial differences in the sound, and the enjoyment of the music they offered. I even involved two intelligent sceptics - my wife and an old friend; they were both surprised that they had a definite preference for one (luckily the same I liked!) and used words to describe their reasons that were similar to each other's and to mine.
Give it another go, maybe?

Mike Hunt

Jan 22, 2020
Hi Bill
Having just spent a week reviewing three cables at home (Chord Epic X, Chord XL and Tellurium Q silver 2) I can say a firm 'yes'. There were substantial differences in the sound, and the enjoyment of the music they offered. I even involved two intelligent sceptics - my wife and an old friend; they were both surprised that they had a definite preference for one (luckily the same I liked!) and used words to describe their reasons that were similar to each other's and to mine.
Give it another go, maybe?
Utter nonsense! If someone could hear a difference then there was something drastically wrong with some of the cables. Send them back for a refund!
Speaker cables sound different... LOL!

alantb

Feb 12, 2020
Utter nonsense! If someone could hear a difference then there was something drastically wrong with some of the cables. Send them back for a refund!
But the perceived differences were in the degree of rightness, not wrongness.

Ian Betts

Feb 23, 2020
But the perceived differences were in the degree of rightness, not wrongness.
Mike Hunt..... If you say your name quickly enough, says it all really! 🤣🤣
Perhaps you are confusing the conductance and resistance of an electrical cable when used for DC current or that of a 50Hz mains cable with the inductance and impedance of a cable when used to conduct an AC current with frequencies from 20Hz to 20kHz. The impedance of a cable can be quite different at different frequencies and this can clearly affect the voltage/current which arrives at the speaker terminals. It's not rocket science!

Mike Hunt

Jan 22, 2020
Mike Hunt..... If you say your name quickly enough, says it all really! 🤣🤣
Perhaps you are confusing the conductance and resistance of an electrical cable when used for DC current or that of a 50Hz mains cable with the inductance and impedance of a cable when used to conduct an AC current with frequencies from 20Hz to 20kHz. The impedance of a cable can be quite different at different frequencies and this can clearly affect the voltage/current which arrives at the speaker terminals. It's not rocket science!
There are only one group of confused people here, and it's the audiophools.
I posted a reply earlier, with a link to all the information necessary to disprove this cable nonsense, but you either can't understand it or chose to ignore it, but if you do understand it, please feel free to offer a rebuttal, explaining why and where the information is incorrect.

Ian Betts

Feb 23, 2020
There are only one group of confused people here, and it's the audiophools.
I posted a reply earlier, with a link to all the information necessary to disprove this cable nonsense, but you either can't understand it or chose to ignore it, but if you do understand it, please feel free to offer a rebuttal, explaining why and where the information is incorrect.
Hello Mike. I would be more than happy to read your supporting information but I cannot find the link in your previous post that you refer to. I see a link to a publication on Sound Engineering. Is that what you referred to? If not, could you be so kind as to repost your link?
Thank you.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts