Best speaker cable in home cinema system (front speakers only) for under £20/metre?

A

Anonymous

I just use regular 322 strand cables and they are fantastic.

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
322 strand cable........
emotion-8.gif

Years ago (about 23 yrs) I had 611 strand cable, then replaced it for QED Profile 4x4.......that 611 cable was awful by comparsion, so not sure how your 322 strand would stand up to the up to date cable competition.......

hunnyy

Jul 25, 2008
Visit site
I changed my QED Anniversary cable to Chord Odyssey and found it a very worthwhile upgrade - highly recommended from my perspective.

A

Anonymous

I tried QED micro before that and my present cables offer a much better level of detail resolution - I'm amazed myself.

I'm not quite sure about better cables from QED/Chord though.

A

Anonymous

Pistol Pete1:

Anyone got any views on this?

QED Revelation?

Chord Odyssey 2?

Altas Hyper 2.0?

Hi Pete

I,m interested in the feedback as well as I have Audioquest Type 6+ cables on the front 3 ,the left and right speakers are Bi-wired but my new M&K's do not support Bi-wire so I need to change to something to extract the best they can offer.

I already had QED 79 strand cables under the floor and am considering going back to these.

Pete Do you not like your Chord Silverscreen , the are award winners and I was considering some?

Valiant what manufacturer is your 322 strand

Also to everyone is your surround cables the same as the fronts?

A

Anonymous

Yes, surround cables the same as the fronts. I got my cables from e-bay on a metre basis.

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
lesmor:Pistol Pete1:

Anyone got any views on this?

QED Revelation?

Chord Odyssey 2?

Altas Hyper 2.0?

Hi Pete

I,m interested in the feedback as well as I have Audioquest Type 6+ cables on the front 3 ,the left and right speakers are Bi-wired but my new M&K's do not support Bi-wire so I need to change to something to extract the best they can offer.

I already had QED 79 strand cables under the floor and am considering going back to these.

Pete Do you not like your Chord Silverscreen , the are award winners and I was considering some?

Valiant what manufacturer is your 322 strand

Also to everyone is your surround cables the same as the fronts?

Yes, like the Chord Silverscreen very much...they were a great upgrade from my old QED Profile 4x4 from the 1990's........

But I have just upgraded sub cable from QED Qunex P-SW to the QED Signature, and the improvement was very pleasing indeed.

So, I have tempted myself with the idea that something like I have mentioned above would improve the front speakers too.

Just trying to get the best out of my system by having the correct cable choices throughout.

And I keep seeing comments about the Odyssey 2, Revelation and Hyper 2.0 suggesting they are a good upgrade from the silverscreen.....for even more detail etc.

I use QED micro for rears, so this upgrade would not cost too much either........

A

Anonymous

What about the QED XT-400 ?

Featured in WhatHifis Ultimate Guide to BluRay from memory as the best surround cable at that price point.

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
Vinny7,

Nice spy!!!! Just found it for £14.99/metre!! (RRP £22.50/metre)

I assume it would be better than the other three forementioned cables? Even if it's been around a while? (Over 10 years, whereas the QED Revelation is fairly recent by comparison)

A

Anonymous

Ive only ever experienced the QED XT400 and the Chord Odyssey 2 . Both are very good value cables imo. QED for home cinema would be my choice for its ability just to dig up a little bit more detail and nice even tonal balance. (depends upon your system - dont forget the system synergy is key as well)

Age doesnt always matter for speaker cables - its about how they perform with the current competition.

QED XT400 vs Revalation - I havent done any comparisons but im sure someone on the forum will be able to help you with that.

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
Vinny7,

Your comparison between the XT400 and Odyssey 2 is very useful....thanks.

Anyone compared the Revelation (which seems to be the better cable compared with the Hyper 2.0) with the XT400?

A

Anonymous

ValianTX:Yes, surround cables the same as the fronts. I got my cables from e-bay on a metre basis.

Do you know the manufacturer ?

A

Anonymous

Vinny 7, can you describe the comparison between Qed Xt 400 and Chord Odyssey 2? as i'm planning to upgrade my speaker cable.. have you heard the Taralabs Prism Omni 3?

A

Anonymous

lesmor:
ValianTX:Yes, surround cables the same as the fronts. I got my cables from e-bay on a metre basis.

Do you know the manufacturer ?

I will look it up for you mate.

EDIT - Look this up on E-Bay
GoogleSearchIconShadow.gif
SuperSearchIconShadow.gif

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
Messiah:

Hi Pete,

Personally I used to use Merlin IRC6 cable and was very impressed.Great service from them too.

There is some on ebay at the moment that may suit?? Depends on the length you need.....

Thanks Messiah......that ebay list does fall into the under £20 per metre category, but I only need 5 metres of it to bi amp the two front speakers and wire the centre speaker up......

So far it's between:

QED Revelation - £12.50/metre

Chorus Odyssey 2 - £14.99/metre

QED X- Tube 400 - £14.99/metre

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
Octopo:I would stick with your Silverscreen.

Why....I seem to be getting positive reports that the cables i have mentioned offer tighter bass and even more detail shining through....

Sounds like an upgrade is really on the cards.....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts