Best Receiver & Speaker Package music & movies

rjb70stoke

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

First post, be gentle.

Im looking to update my home cinema system that currently comprises an ageing Sony STR -DB925 receiver, Eltax Sub-sat system, Apple TV, PS3, and Sky HD. I have considered an All in one system, such as the Panasonic SC-BT200 for family convienience, but realise the compromises. I have then looked at the Sony HT-IS100, which I really like for its minimalist design, but again with compromises.

Ive also started looking into various separates replacements for my Sony and Eltax's. So far my list comprises of the following:-

Receivers:

Sony STRDH800

Yamaha RXV-565

Onkyo TXSR-507

Speakers:

Jamo A102

Tannoy SFX 5.1

My question really is, what will be my best combination for the best music delivery from any of the above AIO, or separates. As you can probably see, my budget is about £500, and unfortunately I do have to have a sub-sat speaker system, to keep the other half happy.

A

Anonymous

I got a Pioneer VSX 819 for 240.00 delivered, they might have some left, got it from a seller on ebay.

I just bought some diamond 9.1 for front and MS alumni for back and it sounds great, so cant comment on on jamo and tannoy.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts