Best quality noise from the iPhone? were does it come from.

nads

Is it from the headphone jack or the apple connector to USB....

this is for my Van. Currently the audio is out of the headphone jack to the RCA input.

But i was thinking about a new head unit and maybe one with a USB input as opposed to an RCA in.

thoughts please.

idc

The best sound quality is via the docking port via a cable such as the GQ-24. I am afraid that unless there is an obscure product out there which allows charging and using the docking port at the same time you have a choice nads. The best connection for sound or the best connection for recharging, but not both at the same time.

PIPPI

Aug 25, 2008
Visit site
Buy a Alpine CD with full speed. Some models take a direct digital feed fron Ipod and uses their own internal Dac. There are some car audio Co that control and charge through Usb. I can't remember who as I have been out of the industy for 10 mths, but most of the new models were released around Mar-May.

nads

thank you, but that is not what I asked.

I know there are many head units out there that have USB ins but that is not the question.

the question is where doe the best sound come from the headphone jack or the USB plu on the end of the Apple cable?

I dont want any info on what to buy as that depends on so many things.

To quote most HiFi geeks. Source first. so here i have two options. And here was me thinking i asked a simple question.

pwiles1968

Mar 22, 2009
Visit site
nads:

the question is where doe the best sound come from the headphone jack or the USB plu on the end of the Apple cable?

To quote most HiFi geeks. Source first. so here i have two options. And here was me thinking i asked a simple question.

Depends on what sort of DAC you connect the USB to
emotion-4.gif
as far as I am aware it is a PCM out from the Apple, in theory if you connect it to a unit with a decent DAC then this is your best option, second best is line out bupassing the internal volume followed by headphone out.

I dont use iPods myself and have not done comparisons so I welcome any corrections.

nads

PIPPI:Usb, but that depends on the anologue conversion.

I can remember a post on here stating that an expensive dock was needed to bypass the Apple internals.

which to me seems to suggest that it may not be quite so simple.

nads

at the moment i am using an RCA in at the rear, this post is not to do with current set up more to do with possible future changes/upgrades.

What ever i change will have to leave the phone with a charging ability in use as a 9 hour drive will flatten the phone battery.

but as you ask a Sony CDX-GT700D.

PIPPI

Aug 25, 2008
Visit site
If you are just feeding audio into h/u, the main connector has audio o/p without volume control (but it also has a digital data steam). Alpines take the digital data from the usb connector and so do some new models from the main manufacturers.

nads

Right so now i am getting somewhere. the Main connector has two "sound" streams analogue with no volume control and also a digital stream.

Good Good. things are clearer. earlier posts showing the Apple main conector to 3,5 and RCA plugs confused the issue.

And as the Alpines also charge and you have full track control etc...

Will not be changing this month as i will be good to see what is coming out new. But will be wanting a few connections. front and rear aux out and a seperate controllable sub out.

PIPPI

Aug 25, 2008
Visit site
Bed time now but this will charge and contol the ipod,, but not like the Alpines (and not with the Alines sound quality). Tired now but iphone may need the latest contolr software available in most new h/u's.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts