Best Price for Panasonic TH-37PX80?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, A while ago I was asking about the best 32" LCD and was about to buy the Pannie TX32LXD70 when I started to read about how good the Plasma was in comparison. Whilst bigger than I really wanted I've now definitely decided on the Pannie Plasma. I've found it at Dixons for £609.99 but that is an online price and John Lewis won't price match against it (for me to get the 5 year warranty). There is a shop called Total Digital near where I live who are doing it for £619.99 but as they don't have it set up instore (they are rather like a pile em high, sell em cheap sort of place), JL won't price match that either. The cheapest I can find it at which satisfies JL requirements is at Empire Direct for £669.99. Has anyone found it cheaper elsewhere?

bf1

Mar 15, 2008
Visit site
I have seen quite a few buyers of this set getting them PM`d by JL via Empire Direct.

Dixons now showing this set at £628.10 + £19.90 delivery. Still a good price at under £650

A

Anonymous

Is that the Online price though?

As I say I've seen it online at Dixons for £609.99 but they won't price match online prices.

When I rang a Dixons store it was £799.99.

Don't get me wrong, I think £669.99 is a great price with 5 year warranty, I just wondered if anyone had seen it cheaper "instore" elsewhere.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="bf1"]

I have seen quite a few buyers of this set getting them PM`d by JL via Empire Direct.

Dixons now showing this set at £628.10 + £19.90 delivery. Still a good price at under £650

[/quote]

Dont forget this months money off code for a further £20 reduction SAVE20
emotion-21.gif

My preferred option would be trying for a JL price match with Sound & Vision [£635.95 del], virtually the same price but with JL's 5 year parts & labour g'tee.

A

Anonymous

Empire Direct were the best pricematch for JL (£669).

S&V have only just received their stock and if it is on display, with ticket price, they will be the best. I know a couple of people have already submitted their pricematch with S&V.

A

Anonymous

Since I live in the far North of Scotland, and have none of the big stores in my area, I take it I will not be in a position to ask JL for a price match?

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Arbk"][quote user="bf1"]

[/quote]

emotion-21.gif

My preferred option would be trying for a JL price match with Sound & Vision [£635.95 del], virtually the same price but with JL's 5 year parts & labour g'tee.

[/quote]

Sorry to sound thick but what is 'money off code.'

A

Anonymous

Here you go, the money off code for Dixons...

http://www.dixons.co.uk/martprd/editorial/affiliatewindow?source_id=aw&camp_id=latestdiscountvouchers.co.uk

A

Anonymous

Yes you will Scotsgirl, take a look at this, particularly paragraph 6!

http://www.johnlewis.com/Help/Help.aspx?HelpId=18

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Very Annoyed"][quote user="Arbk"][quote user="bf1"]

[/quote]

emotion-21.gif

[/quote]

[/quote]

The SAVE20 in bold was the give away VA
emotion-4.gif

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Scotsgirl"]Since I live in the far North of Scotland, and have none of the big stores in my area, I take it I will not be in a position to ask JL for a price match?[/quote]

Not so Scotsgirl, Scotsguy here with a JL Pricematch on the 42px80 of £729.90 del, so the 8 mile price match radius in Scotland isn't the be all and end all, think JL England.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Arbk"][quote user="Very Annoyed"][quote user="Arbk"][quote user="bf1"]

[/quote]

emotion-21.gif

[/quote]

[/quote]

The SAVE20 in bold was the give away VA
emotion-4.gif

[/quote]

Trouble is, you have to pay £19.95 delivery charge, so what you gain on the swings you loose on the roundabout.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Capitan"]Yes you will Scotsgirl, take a look at this, particularly paragraph 6!

http://www.johnlewis.com/Help/Help.aspx?HelpId=18[/quote]

Thanks ever so much!

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Arbk"]
[quote user="Scotsgirl"]Since I live in the far North of Scotland, and have none of the big stores in my area, I take it I will not be in a position to ask JL for a price match?[/quote]

Not so Scotsgirl, Scotsguy here with a JL Pricematch on the 42px80 of £729.90 del, so the 8 mile price match radius in Scotland isn't the be all and end all, think JL England.
[/quote]

Hello fellow Scot!

Thanks for that.It is good to know so I must go pricematching when I can afford the TV!

A

Anonymous

It's just occurred to me how will I be able to find the prices instore when my only access to the bigger stores is via t'internet?

bf1

Mar 15, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="Scotsgirl"]It's just occurred to me how will I be able to find the prices instore when my only access to the bigger stores is via t'internet?
[/quote]

You phone up the store and ask them what the price is, whether its on display and available from the store itself.

JL will not accept a request for a PM if the TV is not available direct from the store you are asking them to PM

A

Anonymous

[quote user="bf1"][quote user="Scotsgirl"]It's just occurred to me how will I be able to find the prices instore when my only access to the bigger stores is via t'internet?
[/quote]

You phone up the store and ask them what the price is, whether its on display and available from the store itself.

JL will not accept a request for a PM if the TV is not available direct from the store you are asking them to PM

[/quote]

So, and excuse me for being thick, but do you mean I would need to be able to get the TV delivered from the store I wanted a PM on?

Mind you this is hypothetical (crikey bid word for me and hope I spelt it correctly?)at the moment if you read my post Pixel Protector!

A

Anonymous

JL will pricematch a shop if they have the TV in stock, and on display, and with a regular price ticket (not special discounts, one day promotiions...).

They actually send someone to check!

It has to be a bricks and mortar shop, not an internet site.

For the 37PX80, Empire Direct Store at Bolton, sells at £669.

Sound and Vision, Bolton, sells at £639, but not yet on display as they have only just received ther stock.

Check out the John Lewis Pricematch forums for the process and the best shops to pricematch with.

A

Anonymous

Its all one where the store is Scotsgirl, JL will only be doing the paperwork, payment and order placement, delivery will be from your nearest JL distribution hub as if you had ordered it locally....but, some stores will have you believe that they don't deliver to your area or that there will be an additional delivery charge like £100>£200, this imo is just a suitable JL exit strategy knowing full well you'll decline the price match.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="rewerb"]

JL will pricematch a shop if they have the TV in stock, and on display, and with a regular price ticket (not special discounts, one day promotiions...).

[/quote]

I can't believe they actually do this?

Reason I ask, I've done the pricematch and 2 lowering of TV pricematches within 3 weeks, all on the same TV from JL pricematched with Empire Direct, now my pricematching ED store is a 60 mile round trip from JL, so you are saying they would have completed the trip 3 times to check "in store" for prices at a total distance of 180 miles and goodness knows how many hours, and that they do this for every single pricematch?

A

Anonymous

[quote user="John306"][quote user="rewerb"]

[/quote]

I can't believe they actually do this?

Reason I ask, I've done the pricematch and 2 lowering of TV pricematches within 3 weeks, all on the same TV from JL pricematched with Empire Direct, now my pricematching ED store is a 60 mile round trip from JL, so you are saying they would have completed the trip 3 times to check "in store" for prices at a total distance of 180 miles and goodness knows how many hours, and that they do this for every single pricematch?

[/quote]

They get the nearest JL store to check.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="rewerb"]

They get the nearest JL store to check.

[/quote]

That's why I said it was a 60 mile round trip....it is the nearest store and it's 30 miles away,

that's why I questioned you saying "They actually send someone to check! "

A

Anonymous

Just bought my TH37PX80 today from John Lewis at Cheadle, Manchester. They price matched Empire Direct at £669. (ED have a store at Fallowfield, so qualify as a local retailer and hence meet the pricematch criteria.) Whole process took about 4 days, very painless, very simple. I have the five year cover as standard from JL and a fantastic TV, I'm over the moon. Today is the culmination of nearly 2 months of research and painstaking preperation!!

(I bought the QED HDMi-P cable for my x-box elite and it looks absolutley stunning - The picture is truly staggering, it's the best money I've spent in YEARS... DVD performance is great too -very impressive. The sound is IMO absolutely fine, I don't know what all the fuss has been about. I'm no audiophile though, and this isn't a home cinema setup - I'm just a regular guy with a TV in his living room.... The only slight misgiving I have is that standard def through Sky looks poor when closely following a session on the razor sharp HD of the xbox. I guess I'll have to upgrade to Sky HD. - I swear that over the years I must have single-handedly paid for one of Rupert's helicopters.)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts