Best portable sound dock for large rooms

entropy2

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,

My wife is a dance teacher and we are looking for a portable sound dock that she can use in her dance studio. We currently have a Bose portable sound dock which has been brilliant for the last 3 years but sound quality is starting to suffer now after constant use very day. Basically it's not getting loud enough anymore.

The room size is open plan and about 50 ft by 30 ft wide

Requirements are

Very portable like the Bose dock (it's a shared studio so can't leave it overnight)

Very loud but clear sound

So what would you recommend? I've not really been able to find something that portable other than getting another Bose portable?

The zeppelin looks and sounds the part but I'm worried it would be a bit fragile and not very portable

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
This is the best I've heard (half price as well):

http://www.petertyson.co.uk/ebuttonz/ebz_product_pages/meridian_m80.shtml?gcpc&gclid=CKrgxp-z9rACFcYmtAodNkYC-Q

kevinJ

Nov 2, 2008
Visit site
Maybe it's me, but that's a big room to fill for a sound dock, and you even want it to be loud too?

I'd look for something more PA-like.

A

Anonymous

I would recoomend the TDK sound cube. has usb socket for ipod cables and 2 other inputs.! soudns fantasic and is loud too!

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
You've not said a budget, but portable makes me think of rcube. Good sound, tho don't know how loud it really goes. You could always use two streaming via kleer, with corner reinforcement.

Crocodile

Jan 15, 2009
Visit site
I assume budget is similar to the Bose so rather than buying another domestic product, I'd suggest going for something designed for the task. Something like this, this or this which as well as being battery powered, have mics as well which she may find useful.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts