Best place for Vinyl?

T

the record spot

Price it right and you land some great stuff on Ebay. Failing that, retailers online such HMV, Sister Ray, Avalanche Records, etc., will all provide the goods.

Actually, for vinyl, I'd also consider Musicstack and Gemm which are huge global resources.

Incidentally, I'd be inclined to avoid eil.com and 911.com - same retailer, overpriced and only good in an emergency IMO. Best left off the shopping trip.

seasiders rock

Feb 21, 2009
Visit site
emotion-11.gif
Dont forget Amazon, massive selection and some real bargains to be had.

Amyl Right Mate

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
Depends what you're into I suppose... I mainly use:

Piccadilly Records, Juno Records, Boomkat, Dustygroove (US), Honest Jons, Norman Records, Sounds of the Universe & Jazzman Records.

Some of the above offer free postage on orders over £50.

HMV (if they have what you want) and Amazon can be surprisingly good - the £1.21 standard postage from international sellers on Amazon is a massive boon.
Diverse Vinyl has a great stock across the board genre wise, and stocks a lot of audiophile stuff, but is pretty expensive.

Otherwise, direct from labels is always an option.

TALON1973

May 26, 2008
Visit site
ive used http://www.diversevinyl.com myself in the past . had no problems with them

shame hmv stopped sellign vinyl in the shops :(

A

Anonymous

Amyl Right Mate:
Depends what you're into I suppose... I mainly use:

Piccadilly Records, Juno Records, Boomkat, Dustygroove (US), Honest Jons, Norman Records, Sounds of the Universe & Jazzman Records.

Some of the above offer free postage on orders over £50.

HMV (if they have what you want) and Amazon can be surprisingly good - the £1.21 standard postage from international sellers on Amazon is a massive boon.
Diverse Vinyl has a great stock across the board genre wise, and stocks a lot of audiophile stuff, but is pretty expensive.

Otherwise, direct from labels is always an option.

I would second your recommendations (be warned tho' Soul/Jazz and their sister site, Sounds of the Universe, can be a very expensive habit as they have some very tasty records
emotion-1.gif
)

Ebay is always worth a trawl, just bought 3 original vinyl for £12 (all from different sellers) superb and is a good way to while away a few hours trawling what's selling.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts