Best new cd player under 200₤( for me)

Tibor

Oct 23, 2007
Visit site
For me 'best sound' is mean smooth,dynamic sound with rolled off highs and wide soundstage. I have owned Marantz CD 5001 and Cambridge Audio 340C, both very good, but they have a bright treble(just a bit) for me causing listening fatigue with classical music. I listened the NAD C 525BEE, which has fine, rolled off highs, wide soungstage but rhitmicaly is slow, is not dynamic. Now I am looking for another solution; Yamaha CDX 497 TEAC CD-P 1850 NAD C 515BEE DENON DCD 500AE What is your experience with these cd players? Thank you for advice

Tibor

Oct 23, 2007
Visit site
Thank you for reply. I sold my players yesterday, so I need a new cd player.The DAC can be good, perhaps, I will try it if I can.

Tibor

Oct 23, 2007
Visit site
I have NAD C320BEE amp and Pokaudio Rti 6 speakers with soft dome twenter, both are not bright,rather on the warm side

A

Anonymous

There's a few second hand Arcam Alpha 8 CDPs around for less than£200. Very good player and is likely to come closer to the sound you like. Try google'ing the Hifi Trading Station. They have a few to choose from!

*EDIT symbol cut the last post

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
I was going to suggest the NAD 515BEE (£165), but one of the slight criticisms we had of this otherwise excellent (for the money) player was a slight lack of dynamism, which is what's being sought after in this specific case.

I fear getting the performance required at this price is going to be near-impossible without venturing into the second-hand space.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Clare Newsome"]
I was going to suggest the NAD 515BEE (£165), but one of the slight criticisms we had of this otherwise excellent (for the money) player was a slight lack of dynamism, which is what's being sought after in this specific case.

I fear getting the performance required at this price is going to be near-impossible without venturing into the second-hand space.
[/quote]

Yes, second hand is the only way really. I would go for the Arcam Alpha 8 as mentioned or an Arcam CD72 if you can get one.

A

Anonymous

Yes, I think the NAD is best for you, but I still stand and say Arcam is best for what you want!

Tibor

Oct 23, 2007
Visit site
Thank you Clare,I think the NAD is the best choice for this amount of money. What about Yamaha CDX 497 ? , TEAC CD-P 1850 or DENON DCD 500AE? The Yamaha and Denon got a good review (Highlight) in Stereoplay and Audio hifi magazin( from Germany)
Did you try these 3 players?
Thank you for reply

A

Anonymous

Oh ok! I should think the Yamaha is quite good - not so well adored in the UK though so finding a review is probably harder - try some US sites aswell.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts