• If you ever spot Spam (either in the forums, or received via forum direct message) please use the Report button at the bottom of each post to make sure a Moderator can handle it quickly. Thanks for your help in keeping things running smoothly!

Best music streaming services: free streams to hi-res audio

Mindflayer

Jan 30, 2020
Deezer does have HiFi steaming, and it is in the mobile app. It is 16-bit, 1,411 Kbps FLAC, so not 24/XXX, it still solid.

JPH

Mar 14, 2020

The Dodge

Aug 17, 2007
I would like to try Amazon music HD but cannot seem to find anyway of benefiting from the HD quality on my AV receiver.
I have a Yamaha RX-A860 which hasn't got an in built app , it has Qobuz , Tidal & Deezer and wondered if anyone could assist and tell me if it is possible to get this?

Thanks

fredphoesh

Apr 7, 2020
One thing I believe is missed from this review is the fact that with YouTube music you can upload your flac files and then take a look at the kbps when playing the files back. I suspect the files are not compressed. They are available immediately after uploading... so as far as I can tell, this is the only service on the planet that allows you to upload vast quantities of music, for free, and then allow you to play back WITHOUT adverts FOR FREE! I'm busy doing that, track 6, no adverts! It has on screen lyrics too, so this makes the perfect companion for an Android TV box connected to your TV and your DAC and HiFi... LOVE IT!!! (I don't have tools to verify the stream is lossless)

spizzlo

Jun 15, 2020
As sad as it is to say, I think Amazon is the best choice for hi-fi streaming (assuming you have prime). At $13, it's the cheapest option, and it has a lot of hi-fi music. I like Tidal the best, but $20 is just too much to pay per month on music streaming.

Brantome

Feb 1, 2020
As sad as it is to say, I think Amazon is the best choice for hi-fi streaming (assuming you have prime). At $13, it's the cheapest option, and it has a lot of hi-fi music. I like Tidal the best, but $20 is just too much to pay per month on music streaming.
You don’t need to be a Prime customer to use Amazon Music, they’re separate services - all that being a Prime customer offers you is a discount on some tiers.

spizzlo

Jun 15, 2020
You don’t need to be a Prime customer to use Amazon Music, they’re separate services - all that being a Prime customer offers you is a discount on some tiers.
Right, I was basically saying it's the best option if you have Prime because it's cheaper. If you don't have Prime, it's the same price as Qobuz, so it makes it a harder decision, at least for me.

Hifiman

Apr 17, 2020
I agree, with the U.K. costs of Amazon Music Unlimited HD being about the same in £ as it is in $. Like others have mentioned about the Amazon Prime free tier, I am surprised this hi-res service does not get a mention either.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts