Best music streamers 2022

Hifiman

Apr 17, 2020
Visit site
It’s a shame there isn’t a category for products under GBP100. The WiiM Mini (plus existing external DAC) has given me so much music pleasure in the last few months. It’s software is now a rival for anything on the market, and in some ways is unmatched when it comes to the likes of hi-res bit-perfect casting from Amazon Music. Go on WHF, give it a spin.

cbrown7

Oct 13, 2022
Visit site
To my mind lower a cost brackets should exist in some other categories. I don't class a handset costing £429 as an 'entry-level Android phone'. I'm pretty sure there are some cheaper devices that would also cut the mustard.

Reactions: 12th Monkey

jverher

Feb 3, 2023
Visit site
Hi All,

Now on the risk of getting absolutely obliterated here, I have a crucial question.
I have a, for me, high revealing rotel amp which has an usb input for the high bit rate music formats.

Now yes, I can hook up my pc to it.
However I really wonder why no streamers have an usb output.

I mean it would make sense no?
You don't want to break the bank on a streamer, you already have a killer dac.

And as for I'm aware s/pdif has a limlited bandwith which would not support the highest bitrate protocols.
So what's the use of a streamer who is supporting all high-end streaming formats if you can't actually can get it out of it.

As said, don't shoot me because I don't know something.
It's a legit question.

Thx in advance...

Kr,
Jverher

Hifiman

Apr 17, 2020
Visit site
Hi All,

Now on the risk of getting absolutely obliterated here, I have a crucial question.
I have a, for me, high revealing rotel amp which has an usb input for the high bit rate music formats.

Now yes, I can hook up my pc to it.
However I really wonder why no streamers have an usb output.

I mean it would make sense no?
You don't want to break the bank on a streamer, you already have a killer dac.

And as for I'm aware s/pdif has a limlited bandwith which would not support the highest bitrate protocols.
So what's the use of a streamer who is supporting all high-end streaming formats if you can't actually can get it out of it.

As said, don't shoot me because I don't know something.
It's a legit question.

Thx in advance...

Kr,
Jverher
…which is where the WiiM Mini (and presumably the WiiM Pro) I mention above comes in, both being around GBP100. Yes, they do not have USB but if you are streaming from any hi-res provider then the maximum bitrate is 24/192 which SPDIF can usually handle, and definitely is the case with the WiiM.

Reactions: jverher

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts