• If you ever spot Spam (either in the forums, or received via forum direct message) please use the Report button at the bottom of each post to make sure a Moderator can handle it quickly. Thanks for your help in keeping things running smoothly!

Best music streamers 2019: upgrade to a wireless system

londonguy

Mar 22, 2011
the prices of streamers are ridiculous. Logitech did it brilliantly at a fraction of the prices these are going for.

LeighHughes

Jul 6, 2009
the prices of streamers are ridiculous. Logitech did it brilliantly at a fraction of the prices these are going for.
Seven grand for a mandatory power supply is simply taking your customers for a ride. It's a lump of iron, wrapped in copper winding, together with other not overly sophisticated componentry, in a plain box. Ridiculous indeed, Naim!

Mr HiFi

Jul 23, 2020
What! No Linn Streamers. Have the What HiFi reviewers gone deaf or fallen out with Linn? Surely the Selekt, Akurate or Klimax deserves a place in this list. I have a Majik DSi Network Streamer. It is at least as good if not better than half the ones on this list and it has a superb power amplifier built in, for free!

theo23rd

Jan 13, 2021
What! No Linn Streamers. Have the What HiFi reviewers gone deaf or fallen out with Linn? Surely the Selekt, Akurate or Klimax deserves a place in this list. I have a Majik DSi Network Streamer. It is at least as good if not better than half the ones on this list and it has a superb power amplifier built in, for free!
The list I see includes the Selekt.

danielbower

Jan 14, 2021
Does anyone know (or is it possible to update the post) which of these streamers are compatible with Tidal Connect?

I am in the market for a streamer, but keen to keep using the Tidal app as the controller.

Cheers!

Last edited:

The_Mack

Dec 30, 2015
Streaming is a brilliantly convenient way of filling your home with high-quality digital music.

Best music streamers 2019: upgrade to a wireless system : Read more
Streaming is a brilliantly convenient way of filling your home with high-quality digital music.

What no dCS Network Bridge, for dCS relatively good value as it actually improved the performance of my audio unlike the Project Ultra Streambox 2 (with battery PSU) which decreased the quality and Auralic G2 that made no difference to Roon direct from my QNAP via USB.

chuck

Apr 28, 2021
I am surprised by the lack of the Sonos Port on this list and would love to see it included in the future as a comparison point. I can see the argument that it is not in the same group and subset as some of the other brands listed....except that the Amazon products are included.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS