best music dvd or blu ray

Rorschach

Sep 30, 2008
Visit site
Van Halen - Live Without A Net, looks brilliant i've not got my tv set up yet but i've watched parts on Youtube and it looks amazing. White Stripes Under Blackpool Lights is one of the best, my favourite band and a loud, heavy performance over two nights with 26 of their best songs/covers is music to my ears, makes my heart sing. Hope i helped.

Thanks, Rorschach

shado

Aug 22, 2008
Visit site
Celine Dion - A new day (2 disc Blu Ray) Sony disc with HD audio.

Mama Mia - Excellent visuals and if you are an Abba fan an audio treat.

And if you are to embarrased to purchase it then buy for the partner and use Valentines day as a cover
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

Depends on your taste but H.A.A.R.P by Muse is good.

RobGardner

Jul 22, 2008
Visit site
Being over 50 I am bound to say the Rolling Stones in 'Shine a Light'. The concert was set up for filming so no compromises on the lighting. The crucial thing (apart from the excellent music) is that the movie is directed by a proper director with a peerless pedigree in music movies: Martin Scorsese. (check out the Last Waltz by the Band or the Dylan No Way Home documentaries) I confess I've not seen too many music DVDs from start to finish as generally they are fairly boring or of a very poor quality (Springsteen - Live in Dublin is a fine example of how not to make a Music DVD) If you love all sorts of music the the DVD that comes with Mossou T & Lei Jovents 'Invente a la Ciotat' really shows you want can be done on a tiny budget, full of humour, whimsy, sunshine and great music. The DVD with the latest packaging of Electric Ladyland is a repackage of an earlier DVD, but of interest if you are a Hendrix fan. I found the Foo Fighters 'Live at Wembley' a great production of an uninteresting (at least until Jimmy Page turns up) selection of songs. Sadly it may be that your favourite band on record are not any where near as interesting on DVD, but the great thing is that the opposite is also true, so it's a great opportunity to widen your horizons.

ElectroMan

Nov 20, 2008
Visit site
The Woodstock DVD has some classic performances (and performers, some of whom are long since dead - Jimi Hendrix & Janice Joplin
emotion-6.gif
and is a fascinating documentary as well, made at the height of the hippy era.

And the Old Grey Whistle test DVDs are worth a look/

Sc00bied00

Sep 3, 2007
Visit site
Jean Michel Jarre: Jarre In China (2 DVD w/ bonus CD) (THX Mastered)

Jean Michel Jarre: Aero, pair of eyes on screen relaying emotion of listener might not be so interesting as listening to the music.

could be an option....

A

Anonymous

hi i might try the j m jarre in china dvd as i have the aero disc and like the dts surround dvd that comes with the cd
a very good dvd dts 5.1 to demo your system with .. any more dvd or blu ray music discs recomendations welcome.

A

Anonymous

i have now added a few more blu ray music discs
the best imo is leonard cohen songs from the road a vg hi res disc in 96/24 stereo,
also king of leon also 96/24 stereo, and john mayor live in los angeles in 96/24
also all naxos blu ray audio only discs in 96/24 are a steal in hmv at 7.99.
so what have you got you can recommend on music blu ray cheers.

RickyDeg

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
For pure pleasure in audio bliss I would have to recommend two blu-ray releases that have absolutely first-class audio to really test the capabilites of your system: Roy Orbinson Black & White Night and Madonna Sticky & Sweet Tour. I'm not a huge fan per se of either artist but the soundmix and level of fidelity on these two are first-rate. Enjoy.

A

Anonymous

For me personally, my fav music blurays have been:-

Nine Inch Nails - Beside You in Time

Within Temptation - Black Symphony

The Cure - Trilogy

All brilliant sound and great visuals.

AC/DC Live at River Plate isn't bad too, but some of the guitar solo's go on a bit... Very interested in the new Pink Floyd DSOTM and WYWH blurays, but they're both in the 'imersion' box set thingy at £90 a pop each!

A

Anonymous

2 of my favourites are EAGLES Farewell tour live from melbourne & stevie wonder live at last @ the o2 on blu-ray..:dance:

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Metallica's 'One Night In France' (or whatever it's called), has awesome picture quality.

Sound wise, Porcupine Tree's 'Anesthetise' BD is very good, but the picture quality is more DVD than BD.

daveg56

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
It's MOR, but a fantastic sounding concert on blu-ray 'Hit Man: David Foster and Friends', beautifully mixed. Includes appearances by Michael Buble, Celine Dion, Peter Cetera and others.

umbucker

Feb 20, 2008
Visit site
I own douzens of music blu ray and DVDs and by a mile the best audio track is genesis when in Rome DVD. I'm not evan a huge dan but the sound quality of it's DTS soundtrack can not be beaten! It is the best thing that has ever been played through my tannoy revolution signature system

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts