Best Music CD of 2009

NigelF

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
The best one CD which I listen almost every week is ..
600x600.jpg

A

Anonymous

have loads, but one that I seem to be listening to very often is

A

Anonymous

Saw this post and had to drop in a note - this past year I have mostly been listening to my old favorite, James Taylor-Hourglass (1997). A monumental album, and I know it's old but I have yet to find an album that I constantly refer back to and play over and over again, and it's brilliantly produced and makes your system sound fantastic. Don't know how to download the album cover as above but would if I could.

Most disappointing album of the year (maybe an idea for a new posting heading?) has got to be Sting's over-indulgent If On A Winter's Night...it's grown on me a little but generally it's pretty awful. Fabulous musicians all gorging themselves on ego massaging at Sting's expense I would suggest. I am a huge fan of his and found this to be an inexcusable exercise in self indulgence. It will take a while before I give him the benefit of the doubt again...

Merry Christams everyone...!!!

JamesOK

May 24, 2008
Visit site
NigelF:

600x600.jpg

This one has been absolutely hammered in my player too. Its fantastic. Also loved the more obvious Elbow - The Seldom Seen Kid.

A

Anonymous

JamesOK:NigelF:

600x600.jpg

This one has been absolutely hammered in my player too. Its fantastic. Also loved the more obvious Elbow - The Seldom Seen Kid.

What album is this?

daveh75

bobbyg81:JamesOK:NigelF:

600x600.jpg

What album is this?

It's XX by The XX.

Superb album,and one that i play a lot too.

JamesOK

May 24, 2008
Visit site
bobbyg81:Cheers ill get it spotified!

Well worth a look, theyve done a cover/remix/whatever you want to call it of Florence and The Machine doing Candi Staton too which is really good.

davydmx

Apr 8, 2009
Visit site
Hey,

If you guys are ever intruiged by the electronica/dance music end of the spectrum, you should check out Unbalance by 2562. 2562 is a brilliant Dutch dubstep producer who veers towards the techno end of things. Deffo one of my albums of the year. Kind of sounds like music for 2019, not 2009!!

gwynne61

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
PJPro:See my primer (follow the link in my signature).

Thanks, I know how to post the pics, option wasn't available last night on message posting for some reason, it's back now
emotion-2.gif

WildBeasts-TwoDancers.jpg

A

Anonymous

Been listening to more pop and melodic music this year. Really enjoyed Camera Obscura's My Maudlin Career and Passion Pit's Manners. Discovered the Fleet Foxes as well and saw them live which was brilliant.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts