Best lens cleaner?

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
True Blue:Compressed air (keyboard cleaner) and a vacuum cleaner. Otherwise pure alcohol on a cotton bud :)

Would lighter fluid work? Or vinegar?

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
JoelSim:Would lighter fluid work?
You have already set fire to your speakers. Please don't flamb‚ the rest of the system
emotion-1.gif

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
chebby:
JoelSim:Would lighter fluid work?

You have already set fire to your speakers. Please don't flamb‚ the rest of the system
emotion-1.gif

The speakers didn't catch fire. There is a small mark on top of one of them where a bit of flambeed paper fell on it. Otherwise they are tip top.

Trefor Patten

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
One of those disc things with the little brushes on, Mine plays about 40 seconds of Mozart while it does the business. Little carbon fibre brushes sweep the lens clean, no fluids and no worries. It just works. I bought mine at Bristol show, but I believe they are available from places like Russ Andrews.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
JoelSim:
I think my dvd player could do with a lens clean. Any suggestions?

I don't know what makes you think the player needs a lens clean but unless it skips it probably does'nt. When/if it skips I'd have it dealer serviced.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
... just to elaborate. I used one of those brush discs and it got stuck/wouldn't eject for ages. The players tray/mechanism had to be serviced after as it kept teasing me by opening ... then closing just as I was about to place the disc and ... vice versa, opening and immediately closing again. You needed reactions like a fighter pilot.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts