Best Interconnect for Neutrality around the £50 mark - for vinyl to PC recording

Blainetoner

Feb 5, 2008
Visit site
Hi. I had something of a shock when trying to record via the tape loop on my new ebay purchase (roksan Kandy), i was only getting the left channel coming through.......after an evening out brooding about it; as it was my last amps tape loop breakage which prompted the upgrade.....i did a couple tests....and fank feck......it's the cable, not the amp!! So i need to get a new cable to go from the amp to the pc to record my records......I want some thing that is neutral and will convey as much of the music as possible without colouring it. What would people suggest???

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Its another cable day. Can't wait
emotion-2.gif

Sorry, can't help but there are plenty that can

gpi

Mar 29, 2008
Visit site
This forum doesn't have personal messages? I have a JVC interconnect lying around I could send you. What length do you need?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
And now a serious answer.... I don't know your cable, but it's a decent brand, so a switch might not necessarily bring improvements - changes, yes, but instant upgrade? Maybe not.

However, if you are going to switch, Chord cables are good solid buys in your budget. Their cable doctor should sort out the best one for your set-up (just don't get talked into spending a fortune!).

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Equally 'serious'. Maplin do a series of cheap interconnects with various connection options. Have used them in the past and they are fine. About a tenner a stereo length. Well insulated o/f copper. They sound very neutral and compare very well with more expensive ones. I did'nt want to get involved but hey ... its as far as I'm willing to go. They have a return policy as well. You can't really loose.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Search.aspx?criteria=pure%20cables&source=15&SD=Y

A

Anonymous

I suppose everyone's going to throw in their two cents... (it is an interconnect thread).

BlueJeansCable

I would be remiss not to recommend looking at these. ($30 US for a cracking good phono lead)

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Clare Newsome"]

And now a serious answer.... I don't know your cable, but it's a decent brand, so a switch might not necessarily bring improvements - changes, yes, but instant upgrade? Maybe not.

However, if you are going to switch, Chord cables are good solid buys in your budget. Their cable doctor should sort out the best one for your set-up (just don't get talked into spending a fortune!).

[/quote]

Ah, voodoo!

T

the record spot

Van den Hul's "The Name" is good for £55 a metre pair. Alternatively, Qunex 3's for around £35.

gpi

Mar 29, 2008
Visit site

[/quote]

My answer was serious and genuine. It could tie him over until he decides on a more expensive option. As it's from a PC though, I'm not sure what connections/plugs are needed.

A

Anonymous

When looking for any product these days I look for foo in the advertising. The orange C company that Clare is plugging has some, so I won't deal with them.

Blainetoner

Feb 5, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="gpi"][quote user="Clare Newsome"]

[/quote]

My answer was serious and genuine. It could tie him over until he decides on a more expensive option. As it's from a PC though, I'm not sure what connections/plugs are needed.[/quote]

Many thanks GPI.....I have spare cables, I was just looking for something that was on a parrallel with the Atlas.....but wanted to get peoples opnions on what they thought would be a neutral lead.

Blainetoner

Feb 5, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="fr0g"][quote user="gpi"][quote user="Clare Newsome"]

[/quote]

My answer was serious and genuine. It could tie him over until he decides on a more expensive option. As it's from a PC though, I'm not sure what connections/plugs are needed.[/quote]

As was mine. Spending silly money recording a TT to PC is beyoind logic....

Also, if we want to get 'serious' the 'official answer' showed a distinct lack of actual reading of the OP 'I dont know your cable but its a decent brand?????' que?[/quote]

Why is it silly?? I want send a good quality signal to the PC so that I get a good quality recording. I was going to use the CA Pacific, but this seems to be faulty.......so was looking for something simlar or maybe a little better.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
It's not silly - but you're dealing with cable unbelievers: everytime anyone asks any, perfectly reasonable, cable question, they feel honour-bound to jump on and denounce the entire world of wires.

And for the record, we don't 'plug' any particular company - just try and point people in the direction of products we've found to have benefit.

Plus, as we've repeated a gazillion times, you should always try before you buy - and any good dealer will allow you to do that.

A

Anonymous

Why not just repair the cable?, open up the RCA plug and find the problem and resolder.

A

Anonymous

It's not silly - but you're dealing with cable unbelievers: everytime anyone asks any, perfectly reasonable, cable
question, they feel honour-bound to jump on and denounce the entire world of wires.

[/quote]

Hang
on for a sec, didn't you "jump on" and denounce the cheaper options
that were cited as somehow not sensible? Have you tried them?

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="Andrew Everard"]Do you feel duty-bound to pick a fight with everyone on this forum? It's getting very tiresome...[/quote]

... and finger is precariousely, apache attack helicopter like hovering over that button ...

gpi

Mar 29, 2008
Visit site
It's not silly - but you're dealing with cable unbelievers: everytime anyone asks any, perfectly reasonable, cable question, they feel honour-bound to jump on and denounce the entire world of wires.

And for the record, we don't 'plug' any particular company - just try and point people in the direction of products we've found to have benefit.

Plus, as we've repeated a gazillion times, you should always try before you buy - and any good dealer will allow you to do that.
[/quote]

Well maybe the whole world needs denouncing of wires. :eek:) I was a little taken aback and offended by your first contribution to this thread after I had offered to send a cable (albeit cheap and basic) to the OP free of charge. I personally may not believe in expensive cables, racks, cable lifters etc, but I never feel honour-bound to jump on every cable advice thread and denounce them. People are free to spend their money on whatever they wish, even if I think they are 'investing' it in the wrong areas for real improvements.

TRENDING THREADS